Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, if you're in Ontario, Canada and interested in getting a set of coilovers, a few owners and myself are trying to organize a group buy for the WASP Racing coilovers.

The coilovers are 40 way adjustable with pillowball mounts and offer up to a 3" drop.

Right now there are 3 of us that are planning to get them over the winter months.

We have contacted WASP and they have said if we can get 5-10 people committed for a group buy they will sell the coils for $650 USD (approx $825 CAD) shipped. Thats a $150 USD discount from the cost if you were to buy them on your own.

If you are interested either send me a PM on the forum or a PM on Facebook, my name is Adam Beker.

Pickup location will be in Cambridge, Ontario.

I've attached some picture's of boostedonesix's ES lowered on the same coilovers.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was thinking about lowering my car, until I drove my friends Audi S3 for a weekend. He too lowered his car, with a 'Kit' and it does look great, but you and your car takes a beating on our Toronto roads. Lowered + low profile wheels, really provides a rough ride (with our roads).

He's since reverted back to the original factory coils and ride height (and this is after he bottomed out a few times). And then there's winter driving to factor in! (hate winter!!).

I think our car looks great with the factory ride height. The factory took the rim/tire diameter and fender fill in, and ride height into consideration, because the wheel fills in the space very nicely. On some of the online reviews, this gets mentioned pretty often.

·
Registered
338 Posts
There is another group buy being organized by tork

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Coilovers aren't just a single height - you can adjust them to whatever to your preference. Same goes for stiffness.
"
Yup and dampening in my opinion is probably the most important for those that really want to refine ride quality and feel to their liking. Some like it race car style and others prefer a softer setup, would be cool to see where people here stand on that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
what is deadline for deciding? I'm on the fence. do we each pay the vendor separately and then everything gets shipped to Cambridge?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what is deadline for deciding? I'm on the fence. do we each pay the vendor separately and then everything gets shipped to Cambridge?
Were hoping sometime close to New Years, I'm not exactly sure how were gonna do it, but I'm assuming each person pays Wasp separately and they are all shipped together to Cambridge.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yup and dampening in my opinion is probably the most important for those that really want to refine ride quality and feel to their liking. Some like it race car style and others prefer a softer setup, would be cool to see where people here stand on that.
afaik: Softer is better/'faster' on bumpy roads...more ground contact. A proper race track is pretty flat so the suspension can be as stiff as possible. They really should be tuned to 1) your ass, 2) average road conditions or 3) your wife or gf's ass. LOL :D

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is this pick up or shipped? I read that I need to pick it up in Ontario, yet it says 650 shipped?

If I can get the camber plates on top then add me please!

What are the spring rates for these?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts