Elantra Sport Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
those are some heavy duty cars you previously had to go to the elantra...how's the change?

2018 white one in mississauga...one week so far with it

·
Registered
14 Posts
those are some heavy duty cars you previously had to go to the elantra...how's the change?

2018 white one in mississauga...one week so far with it
I bought it as a daily. Ah its not bad, comfortable, has nice features, and isnt bad power wise for a 1.6T. Its no where near the performance of what I used to have but for something to run around in everyday it does it well. I will say the koreans have stepped up the game for the price.

I may track this once and a while but I have my eye on something else for a dedicated weekend track toy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im looking to change my oil to Royal Purple. Any shop in the GTA (preferably mississauga or brampton area) who uses royal purple?
I can't say I do, but I was under the impression Royal Purple was overrated.... although I'm no expert and I'm open to hearing differently if I've heard wrong. Also does it have the ACEA A5 rating? Once again no expert, but there's a thread about that and it states it in the manual. I tend to just follow the advice of those that are more knowledgeable than me.

In contrast some of the Veloster Turbo guys would swear by 5w40, but it didn't have the ACEA A5 rating. It seemed to work well when I had my VT though.

As for the ES I just used PUP for my first oil change, but I'm always eager to hear more info because really I'm just a sheep unsure of which herd to follow. lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't say I do, but I was under the impression Royal Purple was overrated.... although I'm no expert and I'm open to hearing differently if I've heard wrong. Also does it have the ACEA A5 rating? Once again no expert, but there's a thread about that and it states it in the manual. I tend to just follow the advice of those that are more knowledgeable than me.

In contrast some of the Veloster Turbo guys would swear by 5w40, but it didn't have the ACEA A5 rating. It seemed to work well when I had my VT though.

As for the ES I just used PUP for my first oil change, but I'm always eager to hear more info because really I'm just a sheep unsure of which herd to follow. lol
Im nor sure what the KDM crowd are using, ive alwaysed used Motul and Molyslip in my European cars. I was planning on using the same.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im nor sure what the KDM crowd are using, ive alwaysed used Motul and Molyslip in my European cars. I was planning on using the same.
The GTA Veloster guys that used 5W40 also praised Motul or Rotella.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My previous NA Veloster have been filling with Eneos 5W30 for several years but still got engine failure at 9XXXX Km. After short block was changed, another engine failure occurred at 150000 Km then trade in with this current ES.

I used Liqui Moly 5W30 for first oil change. The Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for the second oil change as it really stated ACEA A5 grading on the bottle. Also the selling point is by using PurePlus Technology™, the revolutionary process of converting natural gas into a 99.5% pure base oil. So should be cleaner than the others.

Pennzoil just redesigned their formula to the new API SN PLUS grading specially for TGDI engine after the manufacturing date May. It's address for Low-Speed Pre-Ignition (LSPI) well known issue of TGDI engine. You can find more details on their official web site.

So I'll change to Pennzoil Platinum (not Ultra) at the coming week. Please note the new API SN PLUS formula oil is only for Pennzoil Platinum and not the Ultra one. Also the manufacturing date should be May or after with the API SN PLUS label on the bottle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My previous NA Veloster have been filling with Eneos 5W30 for several years but still got engine failure at 9XXXX Km. After short block was changed, another engine failure occurred at 150000 Km then trade in with this current ES.

I used Liqui Moly 5W30 for first oil change. The Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for the second oil change as it really stated ACEA A5 grading on the bottle. Also the selling point is by using PurePlus Technology™, the revolutionary process of converting natural gas into a 99.5% pure base oil. So should be cleaner than the others.

Pennzoil just redesigned their formula to the new API SN PLUS grading specially for TGDI engine after the manufacturing date May. It's address for Low-Speed Pre-Ignition (LSPI) well known issue of TGDI engine. You can find more details on their official web site.

So I'll change to Pennzoil Platinum (not Ultra) at the coming week. Please note the new API SN PLUS formula oil is only for Pennzoil Platinum and not the Ultra one. Also the manufacturing date should be May or after with the API SN PLUS label on the bottle.
You know your oil!! this is another one to think about

·
Registered
14 Posts
I spotted a blazing yellow ES on the QEW just south of Cenn Parkway. You on here?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Passed by BlazingYellow on Hespeler yesterday (I was passenger in my wife's car). Love the wheels you have on there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Passed BlazingYellow parked on Franklin. I'm starting to feel like a stalker now. LoL

·
Registered
126 Posts
Selling a pair of D1S 8000K HID bulbs for CAD$50. One brand new and one used for 1 month only. Still have 5 more months warranty.

For those Toronto GTA guys who feel interest, please search my selling ad on Kijiji and Facebook Market Place.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts