Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has one? I'm one step away from it. I've got the Tork dump exhaust that removes the midpipe cat, resonator, and muffler. Now I'm waiting on the Tork catless downpipe. Should I get the exhaust extended to the back where it normally would go?

·
Registered
175 Posts
well if your using it for the track I'd say go for it.... otherwise expect to be pulled over...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Maybe it's too loud for him and wants to put the stock muffler on but have a deleted cat and resonator still? I was thinking about doing this with my car but I would have just got the whole mid-pipe section made and skip the dump.
Possible, may have been easier to have an exhaust shop just delete the second cat and resonator.
For sure. But I prefer having the stock stuff to bolt up if I get tired of the sound. Meh this is too much work for more noise. Maybe I'll just do the muffler delete lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why would you get the bump exhaust and then extend it?

Matt
Purely to have the exhaust exit at the back. I don't know if that would lessen any noise or vibration inside the cabin, though. If it wouldn't then I will just leave it be. :)

Also no exhaust shop here will remove a cat. So buying the dump exhaust was literally the only way to delete the second cat.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Okay just to clear this all up. I'm getting the jist that you guys are referring to a full straight pipe exhaust ? When I hear open exhaust, I'm thinking hood exit or front fender dump of some sort.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay just to clear this all up. I'm getting the jist that you guys are referring to a full straight pipe exhaust ? When I hear open exhaust, I'm thinking hood exit or front fender dump of some sort.
Yes. I refer to open exhaust as no restrictions past the header (or turbo). So basically, no cats/resonators/mufflers. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a catless downpipe and straight pipe exhaust. It's loud, to say the least. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, definitely illegal.
I had a resenator, plus it already had no cats, removed in my Accord when I lived in FL (it was so low, it got ripped open on a reflector in the road). OEM exhaust kept it from being a fart machine. They just put a piece of pipe there, no questions asked.
I dont think anyone is going to jail over removing a CAT lol

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I had a resenator, plus it already had no cats, removed in my Accord when I lived in FL (it was so low, it got ripped open on a reflector in the road). OEM exhaust kept it from being a fart machine. They just put a piece of pipe there, no questions asked.
I dont think anyone is going to jail over removing a CAT lol
If the car was already missing the CAT, then of course there is no issue. Legally, exhaust shops (or any shop for that matter) are not allowed to remove a catalytic converter or face up to a $25,000 fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts