Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why there's a hole with a plastic cover on the upper portion of the transmission case? I was looking over my engine with a flashlight the other day and noticed something spinning inside the hole and thought no way the transmission can be wide open like that. Any input?

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Dct is a manual gearbox that is shifted by the tcm. Dont be fooled it is not an automatic. These openings are for inspections and access for repairs. I have a 17 with a dct and it's great. I've done some tuning on it and got a little more power and so far the dct is holding up nice. Be warned that I have voided my warranty by tuning it so you want to think about things like this before you have it done. Once I've got it perfected and I'm confident it's a good tune I'll post results.

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Dct is a manual gearbox that is shifted by the tcm. Dont be fooled it is not an automatic. These openings are for inspections and access for repairs. I have a 17 with a dct and it's great. I've done some tuning on it and got a little more power and so far the dct is holding up nice. Be warned that I have voided my warranty by tuning it so you want to think about things like this before you have it done. Once I've got it perfected and I'm confident it's a good tune I'll post results.
It shifts for you, it's an auto. 😉

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.