Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So My wife bought my ES last Sunday on the 30th, had 50 miles on it, has about 90 now. I go out to wipe it down today and see a small chip in the paint on the side bodywork. We have a 2013 Toyota drive on the same roads paint is holding up well very few abrasions near the base of the car but hey its going on 6 years old. I'm just concerned this happened sooo soon, not foreboding well for the future. Anyone else getting chips in the paint very easily? Paint ain't cheap, it's very small hate to spend $150 for something like this.:( Anyone have a cheap solution to fix this.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is the side skirt right? I have the same chip on the side skirt. and now the front bumper have some scratch and chip from small rocks. I think those parts are plastic.
Yes it is the side skirt, if it's plastic that is better don't have to worry about rust. Might have to get a bra.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So My wife bought my ES last Sunday on the 30th, had 50 miles on it, has about 90 now. I go out to wipe it down today and see a small chip in the paint on the side bodywork. We have a 2013 Toyota drive on the same roads paint is holding up well very few abrasions near the base of the car but hey its going on 6 years old. I'm just concerned this happened sooo soon, not foreboding well for the future. Anyone else getting chips in the paint very easily? Paint ain't cheap, it's very small hate to spend $150 for something like this./forum/images/smilies/frown.gif Anyone have a cheap solution to fix this.
Mine did the same thing and was repainted under warranty. Paint was flaming off of the top of the rocker panel with less than 200 miles on the car. Now I’m at 10,000 miles and have a tiny spot on the trunk lid that is bubbling 🙄. Going to see if they will fix that too under warranty but I doubt it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So My wife bought my ES last Sunday on the 30th, had 50 miles on it, has about 90 now. I go out to wipe it down today and see a small chip in the paint on the side bodywork. We have a 2013 Toyota drive on the same roads paint is holding up well very few abrasions near the base of the car but hey its going on 6 years old. I'm just concerned this happened sooo soon, not foreboding well for the future. Anyone else getting chips in the paint very easily? Paint ain't cheap, it's very small hate to spend $150 for something like this./forum/images/smilies/frown.gif Anyone have a cheap solution to fix this.
Mine did the same thing and was repainted under warranty. Paint was flaming off of the top of the rocker panel with less than 200 miles on the car. Now I’m at 10,000 miles and have a tiny spot on the trunk lid that is bubbling 🙄. Going to see if they will fix that too under warranty but I doubt it.
I'm going to the dealer even though the warranty doesnt cover paint chips. Now I have 2 spots on the same side skirt...now i know where hyundai cut corners...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Flelt I should chime in here. I bought my car in Feb 2018, I have a little under 6k miles on it. I noticed tonight that I have 7 rock chips on my hood. I have noticed that I do have minor scratches everywhere, but 7 rock chips... My 25 yearold Miata, I've never detailed it, or anything, and zero paint issues besides some **** keying the side of it. 7 chips on my hood on the ES... What kind of garbage ass paint did Hyundai use, and do we even have a clearcoat? I had my previous Mazda 3 for 8 years and it had less paint issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, accidentally dropped my pressure washer gun and chipped the paint baddddd. I can post a picture later but it’s showing gold underneath not black like yours. Also it came chipped from the dealer, the “ dealer detailer” also scratched the **** out of the clear coat and put a chip on the wheels when installing the wheel locks. Don’t ever let the dealer wash or detail your car before you go off the lot. They don’t give 2 sh***ts it’s not there car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.