Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have recently been noticing more and more on the sunny days / under streetlights. Parts of hood sides and back have. Scuffs in the clearcoat. If i had to guesss dealer lackey waxed or washed with a dirty rag or something. Not noticable unless under light on angles. And on my drivers side rear quarter panel theres 4 faint whiteish coloured scuffs almost to scratch point in certain light. My questions is. A. Is it worth going to dealer and arguing a fix or rebate. Or will i get the blame for it and just sour dealer relations? ( ive had the car 11 days have washed one time very gently using microfibre cloth and rinsed before any washing) B. If not worth a dealer visit. What is the best products to use to repair ? And or can i have it professionally clearcoated again? Is that a thing? Or would it require new paint with clearcoat? I will grab some photos shortly. Thanks any and all for the help

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scrape/ scuff. The sun / lighting and my 5s cam is garbage. It looks like the kinda scuff if u walked too close with velcrow or buffed on it with dirt. Im guessing i looked it over for chem or bird poo signs and dont see any as of yet. Ill know for sure come nsxt weekend when i can wash and wax it properly and get a full lookover in. Been so busy with work / gf has it to work that aint had the chance lol i just until recently didnt have 0 clues about cars in general other than driving as all my cars have been run them into the ground with minimal care

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: after letting it bother me for a cpp days phoned the dealership. Played it off like shouldnt of been from there but they are willing to have it detailed waxed etc to buff out the scuffs when i go in for oil change 👍 will update with final results next tuesday

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.