Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wandering if anyone knows what I could get for a aftermarket brake peddle. I am heal toe shifting and have size nine narrow feet. I find the turn over to the throttle to be tricky as only a small part of my foot can be on the brake peddle. This is causing some foot slippage during a heel toe unless I am really applying allot of brake and the peddle is compressed down allot. Thinking a slightly wider brake peddle will allow for more foot coverage during a heal toe. I think a larger foot would help as well but more than likely easier to modify the car than me. lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Pssst... "pedals". "Peddle" is "try to sell (something, especially small goods) by going from house to house or place to place."

·
Registered
98 Posts
It would be great if there was some Hyundai model we could pull these adjustable pedals out of, even if its a Genesis as long as price is right. Of course that might mean an older model Genesis.

Nothing like having official parts :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you have access to a good machinist I would pull the pedal off and get someone to reverse engineer the pedal to fit then manufacture a new pedal to suit. I work at a prototype machine shop so that's how I would go about it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
pedals for heel-toe

So WesternSwagz, why not do just that and sell us some. If the price were right, I'd be interested, and I bet some other drivers would too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So WesternSwagz, why not do just that and sell us some. If the price were right, I'd be interested, and I bet some other drivers would too.
I've never really considered it honestly. While I think it would be fairly straightforward, I wouldn't know exactly how they should be shaped as I'm sure each individual would have a personal preference. If I get some time maybe I'll pop them off and CAD them up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bumping this thread. Anybody find any good options to get the brake pedal a little closer to the gas pedal?

I just picked up a 2018 and it's my only real gripe with the car. Takes way to much effort to H/T properly when not going crazy.

Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've adjusted my heal onto the brake pedal and toe on the gas. Takes some getting used to, the feel of brake pressure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi kdetlor,

I've tried that but it's just not natural for me. Brakes are too boosted which is probably my only other issue with the car and part of the problem :)

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts