Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a reddit post in /r/justrolledintotheshop. Purported to be from an '18 Elantra Sport with aftermarket boost controller & a Hoonigan tow strap.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Just an aftermarket boost controller? Got a direct link? Went there and scrolled forever and couldn't find it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
From a reddit post in /r/justrolledintotheshop. Purported to be from an '18 Elantra Sport with aftermarket boost controller & a Hoonigan tow strap.
I guess they found out the hard way! A lot of boost doesn't equal a lot of horsepower in some cases!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Was it an aftermarket controller or just an aftermarket wastegate solenoid?

After i put my boost gauge on, I've seen boost spikes as high as 1.8 bar during spirited daily runs, this tamed down to normal levels when I put my stock wastegate solenoid back on.

I think our a car needs a MAP sensor that can read higher than 21/22psi.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does this mean that map sensor cannot read the aftermarket tunes (lap3 torq)boost properly? If so are the safety features turned off in the tunes (similar to o2 sensors etc with catless downpipes).

Love the car but the lack of tuner presence to explain and basically sell tunes is a big downside to this platform.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Does this mean that map sensor cannot read the aftermarket tunes (lap3 torq)boost properly? If so are the safety features turned off in the tunes (similar to o2 sensors etc with catless downpipes).

Love the car but the lack of tuner presence to explain and basically sell tunes is a big downside to this platform.
Lap3 is super active on Facebook, and they have their own forum on their site. I asked David Chung (Lap3) about this today and was basically told it's a non issue.

Let's not start speculating on whatever is in that link. We have zero info outside of "boost controller".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts