Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trouble getting my phone to connect to the car's bluetooth consistently (2017 ES). It connects sometimes, but I have not noticed any specific pattern. I have an iPhone 6S that is up to date on all the Apple-issued updates. Because of this issue, I have already had the car's head unit replaced. When I call Hyundai, they suggest unpairing and re-pairing the phone (which I have done) and pressing the reset button on the front of the dash (which I have done). The Apple Car Play works fine - this seems to be a bluetooth problem only. Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you trying to connect to Bluetooth while your phone is plugged into the front usb? If so I find that it does not work, I have to plug into the usb in the center console to charge my phone and use Bluetooth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not trying to connect to bluetooth while using the front USB - that disconnects bluetooth and enable the Apple CarPlay. I concur that the USB in the armrest is for charging only and will not disconnect bluetooth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a LG G7 ThinQ and it does not connect to the phone automatically. Even when I connect it via Android auto (or whatever its called) If I do not manually connect it, it will place the call and the phone goes into speaker mode. Its pretty annoying.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I have an Samsung Galaxy S8. Now I have not had any bluetooth issues per se yet, however I did have a day where the pandora app would start for 5 seconds then cut off. I had to uninstall from my phone and unpaired my phone as well from the car. So far its ok.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a LG G7 ThinQ and it does not connect to the phone automatically. Even when I connect it via Android auto (or whatever its called) If I do not manually connect it, it will place the call and the phone goes into speaker mode. Its pretty annoying.
I'm having a similar issue with my LG G7 ThinQ. The Bluetooth won't automatically connect. I have to unpair and then re-pair the phone each time, unless it's connected via Android Auto and then I press the voice command button on the steering wheel. At that point the Bluetooth connects and persists until I turn the car off, even if I unplug the phone. It is indeed very annoying. I upgraded my phone from a LG G5 which had worked perfectly with the car. I could leave the G5 in my bag and Bluetooth would connect within seconds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issue with my one plus 5. It was driving me crazy, but what I did to fix it was changing both the car and my phone Bluetooth name to something with only lower case characters. I know it's weird.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with my LG G7 ThinQ. The Bluetooth won't automatically connect. I have to unpair and then re-pair the phone each time, unless it's connected via Android Auto and then I press the voice command button on the steering wheel. At that point the Bluetooth connects and persists until I turn the car off, even if I unplug the phone. It is indeed very annoying. I upgraded my phone from a LG G5 which had worked perfectly with the car. I could leave the G5 in my bag and Bluetooth would connect within seconds.
I too have a lg g7 thinQ, it's problem with the phone. I thought it was the car until I found that bluetooth connectivity on this phone with cars is not good. I have to manually connect in the car , then on the phone while the phone is trying to connect to the car cancel the connection in the car, and hit the elantra tab on my phone to refresh the connection then it auto connects after it cancels the connection.....crazy but I don't have to unpair and then pair again takes about 15 seconds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.