Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this exhaust and if so 3 questions. How is the fitment, has anyone actually dynoed to see if increased noise actually makes power. I must progress to mod 2 since Hotpipe sold out. Lastly if you have bought this or the Sxth exhaust, would you buy it again with what you know now?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Pierce axleback? Fitment should be OK, they're all about the same. Difference in materials used and welding quality being the main differences. SXTH just updated their design to have adjustable tips.

As far as power goes, also all about the same. Especially if it's an axleback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone have this exhaust and if so 3 questions. How is the fitment, has anyone actually dynoed to see if increased noise actually makes power. I must progress to mod 2 since Hotpipe sold out. Lastly if you have bought this or the Sxth exhaust, would you buy it again with what you know now?
I had it temporarily and returned it because it was too loud. It sounded good, but I couldn't' see myself driving with that loud of a car every day. As far as the power gains, I definitely could feel it right away. Did not dyno it, but I think they claim 5-10hp gain.

My mechanic also said it wasn't fitting right (it was up against the undercarriage). When Pierce received it back, they did confirm it was bent not how it's supposed to be and they would repair it and send it back to me. I of course said no, so now I have Pierce credits with nothing that great to spend it on. I honestly think they should have just given me a refund since it was a bad exhaust.

I ended up splurging and getting the Jun B.L titanium axel back and I love it. It's pricey, but it sounds great, looks great and seems to give me some more power, probably the same as the Pierce did, but instead the noise is tuned down. It's still loud enough, but sounds classier. If you are pulling hard in 3rd gear it screams and sounds amazing! Highly recommend it. I have a video and some pics of it on my IG. @elantra_sport if you wanna check it out. Video of the Pierce on there also. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
What can be done to decrease noise level without hurting power delivery fro badly. It’s a little loud to the neighbors and my boss.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What can be done to decrease noise level without hurting power delivery fro badly. It’s a little loud to the neighbors and my boss.
You need to get an axel back with a muffler. The JUN B.L. stainless or titanium systems tone it down a good amount, but still have a nice sporty sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts