Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Construction is good (materials, welds)
Finish is really good (powdercoat grey)
Install super easy (remove front 'tray'), fit up perfect first time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What about feedback on handling? Do you push your car on twisty roads? AutoX? HPDE? I wouldn't think this would do much unless you are above 7/10ths. Also what about ground clearance? I assume you lost a bit?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not tested long sweepers.
I have taken some medium radius 80 degree turns on pavement between 70-90 kph
Immediately noticed a firmer, sharper feel at initial turn in (same good feel on quick lane changes).
It seems to have induced more over-steer, but that may be due to some other factors.
I have not had a chance to push it far or often enough.
I suspect I will hit the tire grip limits (stock) before this equipment is fully realized.
I also suspect that upgraded coilovers (and other suspension upgrades) will unlock more potential.
It's pretty light.
Ground clearance lost is about 2"...I'll see if I can remember to take a picture.

Reactions: LudeAEM

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at the photos, the 4-point will still allow me to use the under tray. Good. Was worried about that.
I did not replace the front under tray but I'm certain that a small notch will need to be made.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NOTE:
Pierce refused to give me torque spec for re tightening the 4 bolts.
I tightened all the bolts first with impact driver then with long handle wrench.
They loosened and rattled after a few weeks.
I had a random garage tighten them since they had a hoist and did it for $20 cash. (took them 10 min).
That was 2 weeks ago.
Next week I'll have them checked again.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I did not replace the front under tray but I'm certain that a small notch will need to be made.
Hope something doesn't jump up off the road and hit the oil pan. ;)
NOTE:
Pierce refused to give me torque spec for re tightening the 4 bolts.
I tightened all the bolts first with impact driver then with long handle wrench.
They loosened and rattled after a few weeks.
I had a random garage tighten them since they had a hoist and did it for $20 cash. (took them 10 min).
That was 2 weeks ago.
Next week I'll have them checked again.
Weird, mine are hand tight (good'n tite!) and they have never come loose. Using an impact and cranking the down with a long wrench seems like overkill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.