Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally got this sway bar installed today and had a chance to run the car through some turns. Overall to some up the difference after installation- the car feels more "predictable". That is the car is much more predictable and direct through the turns.

Some things to note:
'Floating' feeling has been eliminated.
Vehicle feels more confident mid turn.
Body roll significantly reduced.
Under-steer reduced.

Really IMO this is how the car should have felt out of factory. I'm very happy with the purchase. I'm also happy I didn't go with the bigger/heavier sway bar from SXTH. Nothing against them (I actually bought their intake and love it). But I think that bar may stiffen up the suspension a bit too much. While I haven't tried it I'm pleased with the feel of the car in turns now and as previously posted by another owner the thicker bar encourages the rear wheels to slide a little easier than something thinner/lighter. Again haven't tried that one so can say for sure. Now while driving through the corners its easier to judge the car's limit- when it wants to start loosing traction.

I'd definitely recommend this product for anyone who wants to flesh out the handling in this car.

And a shout out to the customer support at Peirce, very helpful. Will keeps these guys in mind for the future.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I wouldn't say a sway bar makes the suspension stiffer as the ride quality doesn't actually change. But it does help with rotation of the rear and body roll. I will say I have the SXTH bar and do not feel like it's overboard. I went out to my secret testing grounds today as I just got the Storm Springs installed, and the combination of those with the rear sway were incredible. Even the stock tires impress me for what they are. Can't wait to get some sticky rubber...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't say a sway bar makes the suspension stiffer as the ride quality doesn't actually change. But it does help with rotation of the rear and body roll. I will say I have the SXTH bar and do not feel like it's overboard. I went out to my secret testing grounds today as I just got the Storm Springs installed, and the combination of those with the rear sway were incredible. Even the stock tires impress me for what they are. Can't wait to get some sticky rubber...
Yeah once we get summer tire on this thing ITS OVER.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Two holes, but the stock end links do not fit in the other hole. It will require aftermarket end links.

Thanks for the review, mccaslin0. I think either sway bar is a great choice and they both transform the handling of this car. IMO it's the best bank for the buck mod you can do to this car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also

Two holes, but the stock end links do not fit in the other hole. It will require aftermarket end links.

Thanks for the review, mccaslin0. I think either sway bar is a great choice and they both transform the handling of this car. IMO it's the best bank for the buck mod you can do to this car.
The pierce bar also has 2 holes. Needs adjustable end links for the second as well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I can't compare to the other bars but the pierce rear bar is very well made; welded tabs to prevent bar misalignment, fantastic powder coat, good beefy welds, comes with brackets and bushings.
Exactly what I was looking for in a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Custom (adjustable) end links available yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.