Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it would be nice to hear interior sound comparisons when these videos are made.
Stock you can barely hear and I doubt my dash cam would pick it up. It hardly picked up the sound from the Pierce unit while I was chasing a Focus RS up a local mountain at unmentionable speeds.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice little 'chirp' in second gear on that last run.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just checked tracking today and it says that it's on the truck for delivery. Hmmmm. Don't remember it arriving today.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine just arrived today. Can't wait to get it installed.

Attachments

Reactions: CoolRonZ

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine's out for delivery as well - should be waiting for me when I get home from work ;-)
Mine just arrived today. Can't wait to get it installed.
The problem I have the the Pierce Motorsports (P.M.), it’s not completely mandrel bent (it’s welded in the center pipe). The one from Sxth is. I know, the version from Sxth is 3” tubing vs. P.M. 2.5” (stock diameter), Sxth’s is stainless steel vs. P.M. version which is aluminized steel, and there’s about a $50 difference between the two (Sxth’s being slightly more in price).

Hyundai Elantra Sport Axle Back Exhaust

It would be cool if Sxth gave an option for a 2.5” muffler delete for those that want it. Considering it’s a custom order piece, I wouldn’t be surprised if they could make one upon request. There might be a problem with the muffler tip if they couldn’t come up with a similar tip on their 3” version sold on their website.

Anyways, Jim Pierce and his employees are awesome! Love his automotive braces and his willingness to work with the consumer by actually communicating through the phone/ in person.

^But...I will be going with the Sxth muffler delete once I pull the trigger on this purchase. I like the choices Sxth gives the consumer through the exhaust tips including a burnt blue finish. I will hand it to Jim’s version with the staggered exhaust tips which matches the OEM through design.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The problem I have the the Pierce Motorsports (P.M.), it’s not completely mandrel bent (it’s welded in the center pipe). The one from Sxth is. I know, the version from Sxth is 3” tubing vs. P.M. 2.5” (stock diameter), Sxth’s is stainless steel vs. P.M. version which is aluminized steel, and there’s about a $50 difference between the two (Sxth’s being slightly more in price).

Hyundai Elantra Sport Axle Back Exhaust

It would be cool if Sxth gave an option for a 2.5” muffler delete for those that want it. Considering it’s a custom order piece, I wouldn’t be surprised if they could make one upon request. There might be a problem with the muffler tip if they couldn’t come up with a similar tip on their 3” version sold on their website.

Anyways, Jim Pierce and his employees are awesome! Love his automotive braces and his willingness to work with the consumer by actually communicating through the phone/ in person.

^But...I will be going with the Sxth muffler delete once I pull the trigger on this purchase. I like the choices Sxth gives the consumer through the exhaust tips including a burnt blue finish. I will hand it to Jim’s version with the staggered exhaust tips which matches the OEM through design.
I only picked up the Pierce unit because they were on sale for $190 shipped for Black Friday. I will go with the SXTH setup eventually, but I am waiting for their whole system to be available before I do so. Midpipes are currently on hold because their welder is working on all the downpipes from the group buy. I also do wish they had 2.5". Also, SXTH does have staggered tips available. Mark knows I won't buy his system without them. ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I only picked up the Pierce unit because they were on sale for $190 shipped for Black Friday. I will go with the SXTH setup eventually, but I am waiting for their whole system to be available before I do so. Midpipes are currently on hold because their welder is working on all the downpipes from the group buy. I also do wish they had 2.5". Also, SXTH does have staggered tips available. Mark knows I won't buy his system without them. ;)
Haha —> disposable income/purchased just b/c (loves it). I’m the type that won’t budge until the ideal product is made and then I’ll leap on it. Mark cracks me up at times...and he can make my patience wear thin. The lower engine mount was, eh...let’s say it took more time to produce a batch than he originally claimed, and he kept delaying it until they finally received it.

^^ He still can’t keep up with the demand as you can see from his site, the e mount says it will be back in stock (estimated) around Jan 5th, 2018. Um-yeah...isn’t today Jan 10th, 2018 (rhetorical question).

Hyundai Elantra Sport Engine Mount

^^ I would hate to be anyone in that batch if it’s delayed much further. Mark should price them higher in order to keep up with demand which he recently did not long ago...but obviously it wasn’t enough considering the demand outweighs the in stock availability. If anyone here is thinking about purchasing that e mount, do it quick before the price gets outta hand. I paid less than the current retail price, and no it wasn’t on some type of random sale when purchased.

Oh-yeah...about the topic at hand - maybe you’re confusing a staggered exhaust tip with the angle tips up on the Sxth site b/c Mark doesn’t have it listed if he does sell it; he has the angle tip design as well as the straight cut tips. If you do talk to Mark before I get the opportunity, tell him there’s a market for the 2.5” (OEM diameter) as well as the staggered exhaust tips. I’m deeply intrested and willing to pull the trigger once one is manufactured.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha —> disposable income/purchased just b/c (loves it). I’m the type that won’t budge until the ideal product is made and then I’ll leap on it. Mark cracks me up at times...and he can make my patience wear thin. The lower engine mount was, eh...let’s say it took more time to produce a batch than he originally claimed, and he kept delaying it until they finally received it.

^^ He still can’t keep up with the demand as you can see from his site, the e mount says it will be back in stock (estimated) around Jan 5th, 2018. Um-yeah...isn’t today Jan 10th, 2018 (rhetorical question).

Hyundai Elantra Sport Engine Mount

^^ I would hate to be anyone in that batch if it’s delayed much further. Mark should price them higher in order to keep up with demand which he recently did not long ago...but obviously it wasn’t enough considering the demand outweighs the in stock availability. If anyone here is thinking about purchasing that e mount, do it quick before the price gets outta hand. I paid less than the current retail price, and no it wasn’t on some type of random sale when purchased.
Mark is a one man show. It can get a little frustrating at times, but the quality is unbeatable so sometimes it's worth the wait.

Oh-yeah...about the topic at hand - maybe you’re confusing a staggered exhaust tip with the angle tips up on the Sxth site b/c Mark doesn’t have it listed if he does sell it; he has the angle tip design as well as the straight cut tips. If you do talk to Mark before I get the opportunity, tell him there’s a market for the 2.5” (OEM diameter) as well as the staggered exhaust tips. I’m deeply intrested and willing to pull the trigger once one is manufactured.
He has personally shown me the staggered tips. Again, he knows I won't buy without them. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mark is a one man show. It can get a little frustrating at times, but the quality is unbeatable so sometimes it's worth the wait.

He has personally shown me the staggered tips. Again, he knows I won't buy without them. :)
Mark can be humerus at times. He replied one time saying something like 1.5 people work for Sxth. I didn’t ask, but I assumed he has someone else working part time. Trust me...if Mark designed a meh product I wouldn’t have been so patient.

Alright, I trust ya. Send me pics if you have them with the exhaust tips. Any idea if he can/ he’s willing to design the 2.5 muffler delete? Keep my in the loop with any news.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mark can be humerus at times. He replied one time saying something like 1.5 people work for Sxth. I didn’t ask, but I assumed he has someone else working part time. Trust me...if Mark designed a meh product I wouldn’t have been so patient.
He does have someone that helps with internet sales, but he lives two states away I think. Doesn't really help Mark much with getting things done, in fact I would argue he makes it worse. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.