Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my '18 ES MT for about 2 weeks now and twice now when I've went into reverse The gear indicator said R and the back up camera came on but when I let off the clutch and give it gas it grinds and goes no where.. idk if it's just these transmissions or Something is wrong with mine but it's kind of concerning. Anyone else have this issue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
I don't have that explicit problem. What I have experienced is that sometimes I feel resistance in the gate when I shift to reverse. I just shift to N and then to reverse and no issues (double-clutch). Probably just something to do with Hyundai's synchro. Maybe 5% of the time I run into it, but that's it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I’ve experienced this issue and was explained why it happens by a Hyundai tech. Essentially it has to do with the way the reverse gear is cut. The teeth are straight for reverse, while the teeth for the drive gears are angled. So when your having an issue getting into reverse, it’s because the teeth are butting up with each other. If it happens to me, I’ll just put it in neutral real quick and let it roll forward or backward just ever so slightly, then put it back in and it’ll go in no problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
98% of the time going into neutral, or 1st then back to R will line the cogs up again. The other 2% you might have to roll it a few centimeters to do so, quite normal on some MT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
I've had the same issue; I just put it back in neutral, pump the clutch, and then back to reverse and it's never done it twice in a row.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top