Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I’ve been having this problem with my power windows (except for the drivers side front) where they won’t go down at all. Then after a few minutes they miraculously start working. Sometimes I’ll have to wait about 5 minutes or so.

I checked the fuses and they are alright.
There aren’t any odd noises when I try the windows, nor do the windows open/close at an odd speed.

Any ideas on what the problem is? Are the windows controlled by the cars computer at all?

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
330 Posts
Weird - if the windows start working correctly after a couple of minutes while your car is runnning, the alternator may have charged up the battery more at that time.

You should make sure your battery is good to go. After the car has been sitting for a couple of hours, use a voltmeter and make sure it's reading 12.45v or higher. The electronics may act odd if the battery is lower than that. If it is lower, charge it up beforehand so it meets/exeeds that value. Then check if the behavior still presents itself. If it does, then it's not the battery...

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you're opening the passenger window with the driver switch then the switch might be bad. If the passenger side switch works fine.

If you tried with both the driver side and passenger side switches and theres a delay, Im guessing a relay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weird - if the windows start working correctly after a couple of minutes while your car is runnning, the alternator may have charged up the battery more at that time.

You should make sure your battery is good to go. After the car has been sitting for a couple of hours, use a voltmeter and make sure it's reading 12.45v or higher. The electronics may act odd if the battery is lower than that. If it is lower, charge it up beforehand so it meets/exeeds that value. Then check if the behavior still presents itself. If it does, then it's not the battery...
Thanks for the input, I’ll look into the battery itself as a culprit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're opening the passenger window with the driver switch then the switch might be bad. If the passenger side switch works fine.

If you tried with both the driver side and passenger side switches and theres a delay, Im guessing a relay

Ive tried all four switches, could be a relay. I’ll look into that as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever solve this issue? I have recently run into the same thing. Drivers window always works fine. the 3 other windows work intermittently, both from the drivers door switches and the other 3 door's switches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you ever solve this issue? I have recently run into the same thing. Drivers window always works fine. the 3 other windows work intermittently, both from the drivers door switches and the other 3 door's switches.
Hi there!

yes it was resolved by the dealer. They replaced the master switch (PNMASTER SWITCH 93570R00). No problems after that.

would recommend the dealer do it if you don’t know how to take the door panel off.

I wasn’t charged for the repair due to it being under warranty I think, but I can’t see it being too much money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts