Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my friends,
I need help. My car is Hyundai Elantra Sport 2017, at the start of the operation, it is completely normal and wonderful, but after 15 minutes of driving ( after it becomes hot ), problems appear in the transmission, as if we put the transmission on R, the car does not turn back and also if We set the transmission to the manul gear option -/+ do not accept it and remain on D. Also there is a delay in shifting gears.
This the picture of check engine.
Please help me if you know.
Font Material property Display device Multimedia Electronic device

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem my car has been in the shop for months the dealership replaced a shift modulator twice and it lasted about 45 minutes before the same check engine light came on the car never shifted correctly even before the reverse Started to fail. I now Hyundai is aware of this problem and I believe there is a internal issue with the transmission but due to the cost of the repair they are going to keep piecing it together until my warranty expires. I really like this car it's ashamed I will most likely get stuck paying for a car I will never be able to drive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Before this car started having transmission problems no one can figure out not even the factory who built the car this is what I'm told. I was looking at the new model sport but I decided my next purchase will be a true and proven reliable car a Honda or a Toyota

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello my friends,
I need help. My car is Hyundai Elantra Sport 2017, at the start of the operation, it is completely normal and wonderful, but after 15 minutes of driving ( after it becomes hot ), problems appear in the transmission, as if we put the transmission on R, the car does not turn back and also if We set the transmission to the manul gear option -/+ do not accept it and remain on D. Also there is a delay in shifting gears.
This the picture of check engine.
Please help me if you know. View attachment 18053
So I had transmission issues. I researched the issue and had good communication with my service advisor. I posited the theory that I was the clutch actuator and the clutch that controlled R-2-4-6. They replaced the actuator and the clutch assembly. And Hyundai covered my rental in advance as a goodwill payment. Don't be afraid to reach out to corporate.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I had transmission issues. I researched the issue and had good communication with my service advisor. I posited the theory that I was the clutch actuator and the clutch that controlled R-2-4-6. They replaced the actuator and the clutch assembly. And Hyundai covered my rental in advance as a goodwill payment. Don't be afraid to reach out to corporate.
I have the same problem my car has been in the shop for months the dealership replaced a shift modulator twice and it lasted about 45 minutes before the same check engine light came on the car never shifted correctly even before the reverse Started to fail. I now Hyundai is aware of this problem and I believe there is a internal issue with the transmission but due to the cost of the repair they are going to keep piecing it together until my warranty expires. I really like this car it's ashamed I will most likely get stuck paying for a car I will never be able to drive.
Hope you've gotten this resolved. If not see my reply to OP. There is a service bulletin for this transmission on other models, but not the Elantra Sport. But the problem remains. Reach out to corporate if you have to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hope you've gotten this resolved. If not see my reply to OP. There is a service bulletin for this transmission on other models, but not the Elantra Sport. But the problem remains. Reach out to corporate if you have to.
Thanks they ended up replacing a wire harness and it's been ok so far knock on wood but as a precaution I upgraded my warranty to platinum coverage because the repair was not covered in the gold plan but if it happens again it will be covered under the platinum plan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks they ended up replacing a wire harness and it's been ok so far knock on wood but as a precaution I upgraded my warranty to platinum coverage because the repair was not covered in the gold plan but if it happens again it will be covered under the platinum plan
I'm glad it seems to be working as designed. I honestly love the transmission on the whole. So I am holding out hope that whatever they did is a long term fix. Or at least long enough until I part ways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts