Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have information on production numbers for the 2017's and 2018's? Curious how rare the trim is compared to the base/limited models.

Still debating buying/leasing one. It's that, a 97-04 Corvette, 04-05 CTS-V, or a rare 2010-2012 Acura TL AWD, all with manual transmissions. How do you feel about your Sport? Content with its power or is there urge for more speed? I've been driving a tank for awhile, so a turbo 4 feels quick comparatively. On the other hand, I was spoiled with 450hp cars 5-10 years ago. Just don't want to regret a big purchase, ya know.

·
Registered
214 Posts
im mostly satisfied with it however i am slightly dissatisfied with its power. its fairly peppy but its still wanting me want more.

i said it before if it came from the factory with 230 hp, same torgue, and a lsd it would be "an amazing machine".

it handles very nicely though.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i said it before if it came from the factory with 230 hp...
An intake and intercooler resonator delete will get you there.

As far as production numbers, I would like to know as well. Specifically for the 2017's as that was the only year they came without a sunroof, and the production run was really short. My guess is that the number of 6-speed manuals without a sunroof is really low. A full breakout by trans, package and color would be epic.

·
Registered
214 Posts
another thing im not a fan of is the longer throws of the manual trans. but after coming coming from hondas and acuras i kind of was spoiled with their shorter throw gear boxes.

the no lsd really sucks though. you definitely notice the difference without one when taking corners and tight curves spiritedly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
An intake and intercooler resonator delete will get you there.

As far as production numbers, I would like to know as well. Specifically for the 2017's as that was the only year they came without a sunroof, and the production run was really short. My guess is that the number of 6-speed manuals without a sunroof is really low. A full breakout by trans, package and color would be epic.
Would Hyundai put out those numbers? Do they ever do that type of breakdown? Keeping a lookout as I did weekly from January 2017 and on for manuals for months on end, the most was mid 400 cars available at any given time. And then lowered month by month. Autotrader.com even had less available month by month as fewer dealers advertise on there. And not all dealers even advertise on Cars.com.

No doubt though there were more base models for sale than premium. I definitely noticed that trend. Pulling numbers out of my arse, I'm guessing 4000 or (most likely) less Elantra Sport models were produced for the 2017 model year. It was a short run after all.

Currently there are nearly 1500 Elantra Sports (2018 models) available on Cars.com both manual and DCT combined. They are definitely rumping up production. But that's still very low nationwide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.