Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there crew. Just picked up a blue 6mt with 29 miles with all the bells and whistles. I traded my my Nissan Frontier for this car. Put on about a 100 miles today and have taken it pretty easy. I will continue to do so until about the 600 mile mark. What a great car for the money. For and finish is nice, firm ride and doesn't have all the driver aid crap. That technology only takes away the self awareness that one must have while driving. Only thing I need is my windows tinted and a short throw. I think that will make me happy for a short while.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Ain't that the **** truth! Hey funny little story... My best friend sent me a pic of some dope wheels he found on Craigslist and they were your stock wheels hahaha
I keep forgetting who all is in AZ around these parts. Need to get a few of us to the KDM meets, I was the only one there on Saturday with an ES. :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase!

When you're ready to add some performance later, check us out :)

www.sxthelement.com
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum!! When you are ready for some performance modifications make sure to check us out at website or our face book page under Tork Motorports!! Welcome | DamnFastDD.com
I am ready for a short throw shifter.....
On my focus st there was plate/ bracket that was mounted to the top of the trans that shortened the throws. I see that the shifter itself is being replaced. This seems a bit more involved, granted I am not afraid of the work, but I would like to know if there are other options like that used on the focus sts'?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tint is done (18% all the way around) and XPEL clear bra is installed. Let me tell ya, if one plans on doing a clear bra install......PAY SOMEONE!! It was no easy task. It looks decent, and hopeful that a few of the air bubbles will dissipate after the sun bakes it. I am overall very happy with the install.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I am ready for a short throw shifter.....
On my focus st there was plate/ bracket that was mounted to the top of the trans that shortened the throws. I see that the shifter itself is being replaced. This seems a bit more involved, granted I am not afraid of the work, but I would like to know if there are other options like that used on the focus sts'?
I haven't seen one like you're talking about for any of the platforms that use this motor/trans combo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not yet, I am trying to figure out how to remove the shifter boot to gain access to the shifter rod itself. Any help would be appreciated. I plan on doing a full DIY of the short shifter install. I am thinking about going with Cosmo Racing's shifter.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Not yet, I am trying to figure out how to remove the shifter boot to gain access to the shifter rod itself. Any help would be appreciated. I plan on doing a full DIY of the short shifter install. I am thinking about going with Cosmo Racing's shifter.
You just have to wedge something in to the plastic surround and pop it off. Just take your time and take care. Well, you'll also have to remove the shift knob, too. Heh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.