Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to seeing how these couple upgrades do once I receive them. I plan on taking photos of the install.

I’ve got a 1 1/2 mile straight and flat road to test if my butt dyno notices a change in performance. I plan to do 2 runs in stock mode and then do the same with the mods installed. Stay tuned for the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just installed the aFe module. There is definitely an increase in power throughout the entire power band. She’s pulls a lot harder. The only negative I would say is.... still lack take off response at a full stop. I don’t know how to launch a DCT. But boy I’m happy withmodules power. I’m still waiting on my hot side pipe. Hope it helps with throttle response.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's Awesome I was interested in this module as well. Looking forward to a long term review. I'm not quite ready for a full tune just yet. I do however would like more power. I have the sxth hotside pipe myself it makes a slight improvement in acceleration mostly smoothing it out less hurky jerky more linear. With the module it should make a huge improvement. If you add an intake it'll really make a difference. I have the torcon intake which is 1/2 inch smaller than sxth and tork but both parts really woke my car up. Just my .02

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The module really does make a difference. There isn’t that little jerkyness in traffic anymore. Real smooth with throttle. I have the DCT so it still has that lag from break to slamming the accelerator but man in race mode once you get going . She rips hard.
I will get an intake once I have a little more money. I hope this will make it pull even harder to include bettering the shift points. I’m giving an honesty opinion and the module truly works. I’m going to get it dyno soon for proof.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That’s awesome man. 40-50 hp and tq gains should definitely feel significant in a car this light.
Do y’all know anything about the following:
It says “no ecu trace” on their website does this mean it does NOT void the warranty? What about an intake and downpipe?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
That’s awesome man. 40-50 hp and tq gains should definitely feel significant in a car this light.
Do y’all know anything about the following:
It says “no ecu trace” on their website does this mean it does NOT void the warranty? What about an intake and downpipe?
Thanks
There are laws that say that a manufacture has to prove a modified part caused a failure for them to void the warranty.

But in reality if you modify your car you take the risk. It's just how it is. If you are worried about it, stick to parts that are easy to swap back to stock if you need to visit the dealer. (intake, axleback, etc)

·
Registered
85 Posts
There are laws that say that a manufacture has to prove a modified part caused a failure for them to void the warranty.

But in reality if you modify your car you take the risk. It's just how it is. If you are worried about it, stick to parts that are easy to swap back to stock if you need to visit the dealer. (intake, axleback, etc)
100% agree on that.. But also watch out for what you post on social media.
I know of some dealers that follow social media to see what customers do with there cars. And if they are modifying them.

Back in the day (10 - 15 years ago) I used to own V8 Commodores (Australian cars) that ran the Chev LS1, LS2 etc V8 engines.
Quite a few guys were modifying them & taking them down to the local drag strip. A couple of dealers would also go down and see what was happening.
And also making notes on cars & registration plates. Because then if you came into the shop to get any sort of warranty work. They would use that information against you.

I know a few that had warranty denied for stuff like clutches, gearboxes, diffs ETC.. Because the cars are not designed for drag racing..

·
Registered
244 Posts

100% agree on that.. But also watch out for what you post on social media.
I know of some dealers that follow social media to see what customers do with there cars. And if they are modifying them.

Back in the day (10 - 15 years ago) I used to own V8 Commodores (Australian cars) that ran the Chev LS1, LS2 etc V8 engines.
Quite a few guys were modifying them & taking them down to the local drag strip. A couple of dealers would also go down and see what was happening.
And also making notes on cars & registration plates. Because then if you came into the shop to get any sort of warranty work. They would use that information against you.

I know a few that had warranty denied for stuff like clutches, gearboxes, diffs ETC.. Because the cars are not designed for drag racing..
I've seen that happen once, the guy kept on coming in for trans and differential problems, they would replace components and he still come back. The dealer took pictures of him at the dragstrip.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Heres's what R1600 is talking about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

·
Registered
121 Posts
The next mods, IMO, should be a quality axle-back and the SXTH CPLT intake without a doubt!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.