Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions about running since I have not modified any car before so I’m totally new.

I have been reading about tuning my ES but I’m not sure what it is I need. I read about stock+tune and bolt on+tune what are the differences really?

Also I see even with stock+tune they recommended installing a catch can with the colder spark plugs. Should I still do this regardless?

I would like to be able to revert back to stock for any warranty checks and I do see that some of the tunes do have options to do so.

Also what are the easiest mods to do that people can recommend

Attachments

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
If you want something that is easily reversible for dealer visits, go with a tune that uses a spare ECU (Lap3 or BTR) or Lap3's new Pro Tuner system which is essentially a piggy back and easily removable. Leaves no trace. As far as other things needed, yes colder plugs are required, catch cans are highly recommended along with the use of 5w40 oil.

Easiest mods would be intake, muffler delete.

·
Registered
10 Posts
R1600 definitely hit it on the nose. Other preventive mods may include an upgraded EBCS since the stock unit has been giving out for some owners, especially when running a tune.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts