Elantra Sport Forum banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have done over 25,000 klm (16,000 miles) with my Racechip RS. Running on 90% on the highest map 6.
Always run on at least 95 fuel (91) Running HKS plugs for the last 10,000 klm (6000 miles) I haven't has any problems at all

Car has gone in for it's 50,000 (31,000 mile) service today. And the car has run sweet without any problems at all..
While 100% a ECU tune is the better way to go. But here in Australia it's not a cheap exercise option to have, as already mentioned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
any updates? thanks
Hey mate,

I have now had my RaceChip S for 4 months now and clocked roughly 15000kms with no issues at all (and I drive rather spiritedly). I can't recommend it enough if you are after a bit more performance. Sure, a full ECU tune is ideal, but in Australia, we have absolutely 0 tuners for Hyundai and its not cheap. Now, some will argue "cheap is not necessarily better" and I can understand that argument, but RaceChip is a company that creates piggybacks for other cars and invests a decent bit of time ironing out any imperfections. So long as you keep on top of maintenance, you should be okay!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey mate,

I have now had my RaceChip S for 4 months now and clocked roughly 15000kms with no issues at all (and I drive rather spiritedly). I can't recommend it enough if you are after a bit more performance. Sure, a full ECU tune is ideal, but in Australia, we have absolutely 0 tuners for Hyundai and its not cheap. Now, some will argue "cheap is not necessarily better" and I can understand that argument, but RaceChip is a company that creates piggybacks for other cars and invests a decent bit of time ironing out any imperfections. So long as you keep on top of maintenance, you should be okay!
100% agree on that.. In Australia it's one of the best $$ performance mods you can do.. Run at least 95ron fuel & you will be good to go..
Us Aussies do pay a fair amount for performance mods, as most come out of the US. And with the US -AUS $$ exchange rate is not great ATM.
Than to add on fairly high postage costs on top of that..

·
Registered
9 Posts
100% agree on that.. In Australia it's one of the best $$ performance mods you can do.. Run at least 95ron fuel & you will be good to go..
Us Aussies do pay a fair amount for performance mods, as most come out of the US. And with the US -AUS $$ exchange rate is not great ATM.
Than to add on fairly high postage costs on top of that..
Can definitely second this mate. It's crazy how expensive mods are for this car, but its a relatively niche market. Some items are actually priced okay, but its the shipping thats the killer. Can't even get an intake here in Aus or shipped from overseas for under AU$550 which is a shame, but as you say, its definitely the best bang for buck performance mods!

181 - 185 of 185 Posts