Elantra Sport Forum banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Wow those plugs are ugly. In comparison to my SXTH tune, mine only have a bit of carbon around the outer ring. The electrode is always clean.

As for the Pierburg solenoid, 100% better than the OEM unit. Especially in high heat.

All I see here are more reasons to avoid boost chips. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Speaking of avoiding boost chips, I'll join this thread. Newly installed Racechip S using mode 5 on 91 octane, stock plugs. Few hundred miles so far so good, running smooth. Car is an Elantra gt n line with KN drop in filter and cat/res delete.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Speaking of avoiding boost chips, I'll join this thread. Newly installed Racechip S using mode 5 on 91 octane, stock plugs. Few hundred miles so far so good, running smooth. Car is an Elantra gt n line with KN drop in filter and cat/res delete.
I'd recommend better plugs at least.

I'll also add that I recently saw a post online about a Kia Stinger owner that had both of it's turbo's fried using a RaceChip. Kia would not cover it under warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd recommend better plugs at least.

I'll also add that I recently saw a post online about a Kia Stinger owner that had both of it's turbo's fried using a RaceChip. Kia would not cover it under warranty.
Yes will check the stock plugs next oil change and if fouling too bad swap to the hks plugs ppl recommending. Let's see how it goes and if I end up dialing back the chip to a lower setting. As for turbos blowing up I think these are rare instances and not the norm from my research.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Yes will check the stock plugs next oil change and if fouling too bad swap to the hks plugs ppl recommending. Let's see how it goes and if I end up dialing back the chip to a lower setting. As for turbos blowing up I think these are rare instances and not the norm from my research.
Depends. The stock turbo on these cars is best around 22-23psi. Boost chips like RaceChip tend to go a bit over that. I have seen a few turbos fail from running 26+ psi. They are not designed for that.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts