Elantra Sport Forum banner

121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you able to dispute through Paypal? Or maybe not a good idea? I think the bloke is lying. Anyways, hope you get the item soon. But yah if you dont maybe just dispute it and ask for refund through paypal.
I have thought about putting through a dispute with PayPal.. But I do think it will turn up.

Though if not in the next week or 2 I think I will have no option.. Unfortunately
Dispute with PayPal and have it escalated that will disrupt their PayPal flow cause they won't be able to take orders until they sort you out. That will definitely get their attention.
What they seem to do is wait till they have enough pool of funds from ordering customers to be able to do a big order overseas. This could potentially take ages for end customer to receive their items. They will delay and delay customers.

·
Registered
335 Posts
So which model should I order? I only use 95 RON so probably not the GTS then hey? and the model for a veloster it seems?
Make sure you know the difference between my Canadian Octane and European RON

·
Registered
78 Posts
OK.

I has been 3 months since I have placed my order for the Racechip RS through the Australian distributor..

With many e-mails asking what is happening, And getting replies of "I'll find out & get back to you" And hearing nothing back.
Last Friday I sent my last e-mail asking for a Tracking number, as Racechip in Germany sends them out with one.
I got a reply that he will ask them for it & let me know. So it's been a week & no reply..

So today I lodged a dispute through PayPal. Apparently it goes through to them 1st before PayPal steps in.

The main reason I kept waiting this long. I sold my Torcon intake to a guy in Queensland who ordered a Racechip RS a week after I ordered mine.
He received his on the 9th of May. So I was in little hope that it would still arrive..

So I will see what becomes of this. If the refund goes through. I would probably order one through Racechip in Germany

·
Registered
243 Posts
OK.

I has been 3 months since I have placed my order for the Racechip RS through the Australian distributor..

With many e-mails asking what is happening, And getting replies of "I'll find out & get back to you" And hearing nothing back.
Last Friday I sent my last e-mail asking for a Tracking number, as Racechip in Germany sends them out with one.
I got a reply that he will ask them for it & let me know. So it's been a week & no reply..

So today I lodged a dispute through PayPal. Apparently it goes through to them 1st before PayPal steps in.

The main reason I kept waiting this long. I sold my Torcon intake to a guy in Queensland who ordered a Racechip RS a week after I ordered mine.
He received his on the 9th of May. So I was in little hope that it would still arrive..

So I will see what becomes of this. If the refund goes through. I would probably order one through Racechip in Germany
Sorry to here! Good luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
OK.

Should escalate with PayPal letting them know you have not received item from 3mths ago.

Racechip Australia reseller Ramspeed is a con in my opinion. I would not recommend buying from them.

As an example I ordered the base chip version S to compare with my AFE and after 2wks of no shipping update I escalated to PayPal disrupting their cash flow orders on PayPal. This prompted them to action asking me to cancel the dispute. I did no such thing so they asked Germany to send me the S chip and got O my door like within 3days. I was suspected that they sent me a blank chip so I tested it on my car and no difference from stock compare to the AFE. I emailed Germany with Ramspeed included in email asking for confirmation that the S Chip was configured for my car. NO answer. Instead, they asked for Ramspeed to get the item back from me so they can then configure it. PayPal agreed I should get refund and I returned the S chip to Ramspeed as per PayPal instructions and PayPal refunded me the full $309.
If you are in Australia and bought a Racechip from Ramspeed , you should dyno and check. If you haven't bought then don't buy from Australia. They will con you of your money.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Should escalate with PayPal letting them know you have not received item from 3mths ago.

Racechip Australia reseller Ramspeed is a con in my opinion. I would not recommend buying from them.

As an example I ordered the base chip version S to compare with my AFE and after 2wks of no shipping update I escalated to PayPal disrupting their cash flow orders on PayPal. This prompted them to action asking me to cancel the dispute. I did no such thing so they asked Germany to send me the S chip and got O my door like within 3days. I was suspected that they sent me a blank chip so I tested it on my car and no difference from stock compare to the AFE. I emailed Germany with Ramspeed included in email asking for confirmation that the S Chip was configured for my car. NO answer. Instead, they asked for Ramspeed to get the item back from me so they can then configure it. PayPal agreed I should get refund and I returned the S chip to Ramspeed as per PayPal instructions and PayPal refunded me the full $309.
If you are in Australia and bought a Racechip from Ramspeed , you should dyno and check. If you haven't bought then don't buy from Australia. They will con you of your money.
Happy to say that the Racechip RS I ordered back in March has finally arrived. Looks the the Refund request I put through with PayPal finally did the trick..
Got it delivered straight from Germany direct to my door. Which is what I would recommend. Ordering straight from Racechip themselves in Germany..

Going by the paperwork. The order was placed on the 3rd July 2019. Received on the 8th July 2019. So delivery from the was rather good.
It's a pity the Australian agent didn't ???? place the order when I done my order was back in March..

So install it tomorrow & then try it out on my way for nightshift. Then some more time over the weekend..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Happy to say that the Racechip RS I ordered back in March has finally arrived. Looks the the Refund request I put through with PayPal finally did the trick.
Congrats! I’m looking forward to hearing a 2nd opinion. I only have access to 91 Octane so I’m usually at setting 4 but I bump it up to 6 if I add a bottle of octane booster. I use Mag 1’s premium octane booster.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Boy am I keen to hear your thoughts! especially on map 5 :D
Fitted it this morning. Very easy & only about 30 mins all up.
Because I got the Bluetooth version, the App has Race, Sport & Eco modes. Which you can custom pick out of the six (6) maps to them.
So far Iv'e got Eco set to 1. Sport set to 4. Race set to 6. Then as you are driving you can swap them around as you like..

Iv'e got a couple of nightshifts to do, So can see a bit on the drive to work how it goes. Then report back..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Any thoughts to share yet?
So far so good. Iv'e not had a lot of driving since installing. Due to having a bit of a headcold since Friday & generally not feeling well.

Iv'e mainly driven on map 4. And does that make a difference. Just a lot more responsive, especially in 3rd & 4th gear (manual) around town. Where without it felt quite flat.
Of course it feels great in 1st & 2nd. But always felt it dropped away in 3rd & 4th. Not anymore. And that's only with map 4 so far.
Also feels heaps better just cruising on the freeway in 6th. So far I'm very happy with it. Traction again can be a problem in 1st & 2nd. Even with my 235 wide Pirelli P Zero's
I have read other reviews saying it completely transforms the car. I wouldn't go that far. But it is something you can definitely feel by the seat of you pants.
I went with the App version. So I can change on the fly, or if the Mrs is driving lol. Pick below shows the app. You can have each Eco, Sport, Race. And put whatever map (6 maps) on that you wish.
With the non App version, you can only do that by adjusting the screw on the Racechip unit itself. They are separate units as well. You can't add the App to the non App version.

There is also another Australian distributor for the Racechip. As I wouldn't recommend going through Ramspeed. Going by the invoice I got. It was only ordered by them on the 3rd of July.
A big way different from my original order date of the 22nd March. And from then on saying he will chase it up.. Ohh Well, lessons learned.
https://www.cherry-tp.com.au/store/c12/Tuning.html

Still more than happy to give you a test drive if your still unsure.. But I'll say it's totally worth it.

Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ok.. After a bit more time with the Racechip fitted..

Been driving around mainly on Map 4. **** it make a difference. I have got I30N wheels on my car with the 235/35 19 Pirelli P Zero's.
Even on Map 4, in 1st & 2nd there is less traction that it was std with the factory I30 SR wheels & 225/40 18 Hankook tyres.
It's been hard with the current weather we have been having. But fuel economy looks to be slightly up. But only around 0.1 - 0.3 lt/100
Mainly freeway driving to work ( Mandurah to Murdoch) But with rain & wind. It's prob pretty close..

Now Map 6... Now does this make a difference!! Does it bloody what! 1st & 2nd traction is, well not much of it lol. You need to be careful with the throttle.
But when you get it right.. Takes off like a scalded cat.. 3rd gear now is almost like what 2nd gear is std. Though most of the power seems to be higher up in the RPM.

The down side to Map 6.. Fuel usage. Not from just putting your foot down. but even just normal cruising.. IE: Normally at 110kp/h on cruise control.
The instant fuel readout std, reads between 6.0 - 6.4 lt/100. With Map 6, it was reading 7.4 - 7.8 lt/100. 6am Sunday morning coming home from work.
And the average for the entire trip home was 7.5 lt/100 Where normally std its around the 6.2 lt/100. And I have only been running 95 octane since Iv'e had the car

I am very, very happy with it so far. Even just driving around on Map 4, Just makes it just that little more peppy & responsive :)

I also had a word with Racechip. The equivalent Map on the "RS" to the "S" version is between Maps 3 & 4. So Map 4 would be the best to try out.

Peter

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ok.. After a bit more time with the Racechip fitted..

I am very, very happy with it so far. Even just driving around on Map 4, Just makes it just that little more peppy & responsive :)

I also had a word with Racechip. The equivalent Map on the "RS" to the "S" version is between Maps 3 & 4. So Map 4 would be the best to try out.

Peter
Awesome dude, so with the S, it has 5 maps total, is map 5 on the S what you mean is between maps 3 and 4? or would map 5 be like map 4.5 on the RS?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Awesome dude, so with the S, it has 5 maps total, is map 5 on the S what you mean is between maps 3 and 4? or would map 5 be like map 4.5 on the RS?
I would say it would be Map 3.5 on the RS. But trying out the different Maps. I can"t feel much difference between Maps 3 & 4 anyway

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Not sure if you’re still interested in the RaceChip, but I didn’t take note of what hooks up where when I removed my RaceChip for dealer servicing and when I e-mailed them for instructions,

·
Registered
78 Posts
That is a very good video. And it is as easy as that.. I would say 30 mins from start to finish..

Iv'e been very, very happy with mine. With no problems whatsoever. Yes it does use more fuel. Up to 1.5lt per 100k's
But also if you drive economically. It can use the same as it does stock. Iv'e seen a best of 5.8lt per 100ks & a worse of 7.2lt per 100ks
For exactly the same driving route I go to work. Which is almost 60 klms one way. Also I have always used 95 ron fuel (which is 91 in the US)

I am also still running with the stock spark plugs. At this stage I don't feel a need to change them out. I had a look at them after a cpl of months running the Racechip.
And they still look the same as they did before I installed the Racechip. Iv'e been running mainly on Map 6. Which gives me 180kw - 242hp & 362nm - 267ft-lb
Which you can feel as instant throttle response.. For ease of use, 100% recommend. It's not the best product, as a custom tune would be better with a spare ECU.
But for the price & just a little bit more performance.. I'm happy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an R version of the Racechip on my 2019 N Line. But it threw a code on my ECU putting my car in limp mode. Torbo Overboost. I cleared the error and the car is fine now but the chip was sent back to be updated. It's been over a week and I have not heard from RaceChip and I am getting impatient. If I don't get some sort of feedback, I may refund and get a DTE which is more money but has more cred in terms of proven performance claims.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just received my racechip. My only drive with it so far was in the rain so couldn't put down all the power. Buuut, the power increase on the butt dyno is there. It definitely pulls harder through first second and third gear. I have never had traction issues in 2nd even in the rain, maybe a little wheel hop, but it completely spun my tires through 5k rpm's and up in 2nd. My passenger also noticed the difference. I got the gts model. Would I say theres a whole 50 hp increase on mode 7? I'm not sure, but it for sure feels quicker and pulls harder.

Install was a little tricky considering its the first mod I've ever installed on my own but followed the instructions and finished in around 40 minutes.
I just ordered mine over the weekend, and it arrived much quicker than anticipated. How was it removing the airbox? I noticed on the Instillation guide that the boost pressure sensor is under it. might just take it to my family member whos a mechanic. I don't have any tools whatsoever. Also, where did you end up placing the module? Looking Forward to fitting this to my car, probably this weekend.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I just ordered mine over the weekend, and it arrived much quicker than anticipated. How was it removing the airbox? I noticed on the Instillation guide that the boost pressure sensor is under it. might just take it to my family member whos a mechanic. I don't have any tools whatsoever. Also, where did you end up placing the module? Looking Forward to fitting this to my car, probably this weekend.
I see you have a '19+. Fair warning people were having issues on the '19's with the AFE Scorcher (same type of device pretty much). May have abandoned it due to misfires and the car going into limp mode.

121 - 140 of 180 Posts