Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the ES FB group and came across a post where some people have the feature where the audio will automatically be turned down when shifting into reverse. There seemed to be a lot of confusion as to what year and model spec have the feature. I have the 18 tech package but for the life of me can’t find the option (if it even exist) does anyone know if this feature is real or did I just get trolled?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Apparently it's real but since I have a '17 base 6MT I have not experienced it. Might be a DCT thing or a premium package thing or an '18 thing. Not sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to find it if it exist. I have an '18 DCT Tech so if it is real I should have it somewhere I'd think. Literally spent 30 min going through the settings with no luck. Going to look more today then!

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's a thing for sure, on a 18 DCT base package anyways. It can be turned on/off in the menu options available on the steering wheel I believe, or perhaps an audio option in the touch screen menus as well. I remember crossing it when I first got the car and going through all the menu options.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know the 19s do it...mines a base ES and does it and its Manual and I know its also for DCT as well with all the options...we have one on the lot and does it...probably an option to turn it off

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have a 19 base (only option in Canada) with 6mt and it does it. option is under "volume" and "proximity" within the main infotainment options. there are 2 options, 1 for the volume while reversing and another which i can't remember. can confirm exact location later when i actually have the car ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looked through everything cant find it anywhere. Under volume > Proximity the only option is for navigation. Oh well would be cool to have but not the end of the world. Possibly it is a regional thing since i'm from the US. That is the only explanation as to why a 18 base would have it but a 18 premium wouldn't.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Figured it out

Hey guys just wanted to update you on my findings. Turns out that all ES can get this feature regardless of year/transmission type. The feature is only available with the newest Hyundai infotainment system 13.0 hence the reason it was showing up in all the 19 models since they come with the newest update. After I updated my SD card online and updated the system I got the proximity option along with a bunch of other small improvements. I would recommend updating your system was very easy and free for all 18 models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's in your cluster settings. I believe it's under "Convenience" tab. I have a 2018 GTS with 6 speed manual and that's the first thing I disabled when I got the car. Lol so annoying

·
Registered
22 Posts
I Have the 2018 ES DCT with the technology package and I can tell you emphatically that I do not have this feature I know others have said the 2018 in the base package does. Why they would not do it on the 2018 ES with the technology package is beyond me but I absolutely do not have that feature. This is a California car if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a June 2017 build car. 6sp manual. Also known as a PD
While my car was in getting warranty work done. I had a loan car. A base model with the 2lt, std auto. 2018 build, known as a PD2

The loan car had it.. My car does not.. So I would say it is a PD2 update

·
Registered
140 Posts
It's a thing for sure, on a 18 DCT base package anyways. It can be turned on/off in the menu options available on the steering wheel I believe, or perhaps an audio option in the touch screen menus as well. I remember crossing it when I first got the car and going through all the menu options.

Sure thing, happens on my 18 ES DCT Premium. Options are available to turn it off/on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts