Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have been lurking since purchasing my car a week ago and found a lot of useful info on here so thanks to everyone for that. Over the weekend I installed some speakers, and amps in the car and during the process had to pull the radio out to get at the wiring. Since then my clock has been blank and the icon in the menu to set the clock is grayed out. Anyone know why, and how to fix it?

Thanks!

M

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I may have figured it out, when I got into the car again this morning, I tried pressing the clock at the top just to see what would happen and its telling me that the GPS antenna is open, so I'm thinking I may have missed a plug on the back of the unit. I'll pull it back apart tonight to see if that's it. Odd thing is, I don't have the premium package so I have no nav on the unit. They must just have the GPS for the clock.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the issue was the GPS wire, it had fallen behind and was hidden. I plugged it back in, powered up the car, it took a few minutes but the time and date are now showing again. So for future reference to anyone who may remove the radio, make sure you don't miss any plugs, the radio gets its time from the GPS satellites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.