Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know if any companies have come out with rain guards for the Elantra sport yet? Also I want to get a hood shield (not bra cover) for rocks kicking up- I already have a couple of nicks from stupid pebbles hitting the hood and on roof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can buy them from your local dealer. I personally prefers the oem guards to aftermarket. Easy to install aswell.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
By rain guards if you are talking about the thing that go over the side windows, you can just get some for a regular Elantra they are not Sport specific. For the hood shield, you talking about a bug deflector? Not sure how much that will help given most of the rock hits will be on the front of the car anyway. Your best bet is to get clear bra (or paint protection film - PPF) installed. That's what I did.

·
Registered
335 Posts
By rain guards if you are talking about the thing that go over the side windows, you can just get some for a regular Elantra they are not Sport specific. For the hood shield, you talking about a bug deflector? Not sure how much that will help given most of the rock hits will be on the front of the car anyway. Your best bet is to get clear bra (or paint protection film - PPF) installed. That's what I did.

I'm going to be getting the front, top section (just above the H logo) done with white, then black on top. I might do the front section of the hood and I might also wrap the front part of the roof.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I'm going to be getting the front, top section (just above the H logo) done with white, then black on top. I might do the front section of the hood and I might also wrap the front part of the roof.
White? And are you talking vinyl wrap or actual protection film? Vinyl won't really do much.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wouldn't use regular vinyl either, it's generally thinner than something like Xpel or whatever which is actually meant for serious protection. The bug deflector doesn't reach nearly high enough and you'll notice that for sure, get the whole hood and front bumper covered along with mirror caps.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've changed plans. I'll be getting red underneath then black on top (regular vinyl wrap. The black will be cut about 2 mm smaller on the edge near the hood so it will look like a red accent stripe. Just an experiment, fairly cheap and easy to undo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Hyundai bug deflector, I love it. Breaks up the look of the front lots.

I bought the AVS In-channel rain guards. They sucked. Didnt fit well, Took them off after 2 days,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts