Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you perform the chrome delete?
And whats the benefit from the plugs + coils?
chrome delete all around windows i bought matte black vinyl tape and did it myself(amazon). As for the chrome on grill and fog lights, I plasti dipped them matte black. (taped off front and garbage bag behind grill to isolate parts i wanted done). same with emblems. Very easy and inexpensive. I personally think it makes the car look better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you perform the chrome delete?
And whats the benefit from the plugs + coils?
the plugs and coils.....good aftermarket plugs and coils is just going to give you better engine performance and reliability.(no knocking, better firing, etc.) and it's a must if you plan on getting a tune IMO. the difference for me even without a tune yet is very noticeable

·
Registered
9 Posts
the plugs and coils.....good aftermarket plugs and coils is just going to give you better engine performance and reliability.(no knocking, better firing, etc.) and it's a must if you plan on getting a tune IMO. the difference for me even without a tune yet is very noticeable
HKS m45xl for the spark plugs right? which coils?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HKS m45xl for the spark plugs right? which coils?
i like these. Much better than oem for coils.

and as stated by another guy below, you dont need the xl45s unless your running an aggressive tune. even then, If you just want way better plugs that aren't overpriced, an amazing hks m40xl replacement are these ngk 1422's. they are a 9 heat range plug. cheapest on the market and in my opinion superior to the xl 40 that are double the price. these are great oem replacement for daily driving and for light tuning.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The NGK 1422/ILKR8E6s are under $10 on Rockauto before shipping and the usual 5% off code...however, I see that 97080/SILZKR8E8G shows as the OE plug. Curious what the difference is, since the 1422 show as the OE plug for the Lancer/Lan Evo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The NGK 1422/ILKR8E6s are under $10 on Rockauto before shipping and the usual 5% off code...however, I see that 97080/SILZKR8E8G shows as the OE plug. Curious what the difference is, since the 1422 show as the OE plug for the Lancer/Lan Evo.
good question. not sure. but i do know it has higher heat rating than oem plugs which is a good alternative for a tune unless your running a 93 oct. stage three. then you would 100% need the xl45

1 - 13 of 13 Posts