Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed after changing to winter tires, the rear tires have different gaps left side to the right side. while the front both sides are even.

one side I could slip 2 fingers in while other side I cannot, want to make sure if this is normal for independent suspension of the car?

·
Registered
338 Posts
So, you gave your car the 'shocker'.

Reactions: JSV

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
willing to bet this is because of the uneven ground you 'measured' on..
I took that into consider, I parked the car front in and back in. same result, the driver rear side the gap is smaller on both time. I don't have anything on the trunk or rear seat to make it weighted on one side, weird.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did you just change recently? Why not asked the winter tire change shop?
Exactly. It sounds to me, if you have put on winters mounted to aftermarket alloys, that a spacer ring which is common with those kinds of wheels was put on one side but not the other. If you are talking about steelies however, or winters mounted on the stock wheels, I haven't a clue.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Exactly. It sounds to me, if you have put on winters mounted to aftermarket alloys, that a spacer ring which is common with those kinds of wheels was put on one side but not the other. If you are talking about steelies however, or winters mounted on the stock wheels, I haven't a clue.
I changed the winter tires myself, they are on steelies so just mount and go. its not like I can feel anything when I m driving, just visually the left rear are lower than right rear.

one possible reason I can think of is the tire profile now is 55' so it might be putting more weight on the rear left side, maybe?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.