Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a used 2018 Elantra Sport with around 9k miles on it. The car is in great condition besides the driver side rear seat which is flaking the leather off. I attached some pictures to show the problem. I don't care about the L shaped damage, just the flakes. Just rubbing your finger lightly on it causes it to flake off. The Dealer quoted $1300 to replace the entire rear seat cover. It seems that there was damage to the seat and it was repaired poorly. What do you guys recommend to fix the flaking leather? Could an upholstery shop work on something like this? If not, any other ideas / ways to replace the rear seat...

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
343 Posts
I am not sure about the US, but in Canada, warranty is transferred to the new owner (if within the warranty period - this car obviously is). If original owner purchased extended Hyundai warranty, it can also be transferred for a fee.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That pointed mark appears to have actually melted the vynl. I wonder if the flaking area was also exposed to excess heat from that same object that was placed on the seat. Ive seen several people on here point out that the seats of these cars are wearing out excessively (especially the driver bolster), so theyre probably made out of a very delicate material to begin with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.