Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Remove the fake 3m auto adhesive tape and replace with real 3m auto adhesive tape from amazon. Use 3M adhesive promoter as well. Apply it to the surface the tape will be touching. Clean the surface throughly before applying either the tape or the promoter.

Removing the tape off the spoiler should be fairly easy since it’s new. It’s crappy tape however and no matter how much you prep it’ll most likely start to lift in the corners after a while.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
239 Posts
Warm up the trunk lip with a hair dryer/heat gun before attaching the spoiler. This will also promote adhesion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
what does a factory spoiler look like. is it from Hyundai or after market. I thought just the 19 and 29 had a factory spoiler

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
what does a factory spoiler look like. is it from Hyundai or after market. I thought just the 19 and 29 had a factory spoiler
17-18 had a dealer installed spoiler option in Canada. Was not available in the US.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
just curious do you have a picture. there are so many after market i was just curious if any of them look like OEM. thanks
Identical to this one I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts