Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After days of research and take my car to the tune shop. They explained to me that since the stock BOV is made of plastic and may have some leak (it is not suppose to, also it may suck some air in), so when you leave it open to the air like that, it's fine when you let off the gas pedal because air will be blow out, but in normal driving, dirt can actually be sucked into the engine via this stock BOV hose.
So I really think Hyundai put the Recirculation Hose into the intake is to preven dirt if the stock bov accidentally suck some air in.
I think put it back to where it belong is a better ideal for long run...

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
If that is what your shop is telling you, find a new shop.

It's a valve. When you let off it releases air, and then it shuts the valve so nothing can go back in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Actually I’ve read a couple of things about that, about stock BOV and they were in the same direction: don’t let the stock one exposed to outside unfiltered air. There is no reason to affirm that, no money to do by saying that, Will be Interesting to dig a little bit on the subject...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.