Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose ill use this part of the forum to log the progress on my ES. It's a 2018 manual with premium package. I really like the Infinity audio system. It's world's better than anything I've ever had before. The last few compacts I've had were a 2008 Pontiac G5, a 2015 Civic Si (very basic and boring, didn't like it), and a 2016 Civic EX-L( infotainment system was garbage). I'm glad I finally have a car I can and want to work on again. The last car I was able to do this with was my G5.

I'll add a couple pics of the former cars soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The G5 and Civic Si.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish we had Austrailia's option list. The red leather option looks great!!! Maybe we will see the leather skins available on eBay at some point.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My list of future upgrades:

-Window Tint
- light tint on the tail lights
-Hopefully figure out how to install the heated steering wheel
-Husky floor liners
-splash of color from interior accents
-rear sway bar upgrade
- red painted brake calipers
-big gulp intake
-nicely stitched (red stitching) leather cover for panel around gauge cluster
-leather E-brake boot and maybe matching shifter boot (I feel the stock one is low quality material that will crack over time)
-convince Hyundai to offer a radio update that improves Ipod control by allowing you to always keep it on shuffle and have hands free voice control for song search (yeah I know, not gonna happen but Honda does it)
-short throw shifter with nice shift knob
-come up with a good nickname
-perhaps someone will create a nice forum logo in decal form that we can purchase and put on the fixed rear windows
-red or red and black leather seat skins found on other sports in different countries

The list will probably grow. I'm going to have fun working on a car again!!!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I wish we had Austrailia's option list. The red leather option looks great!!! Maybe we will see the leather skins available on eBay at some point.
Lol...
Australia misses out on most of the optional safety features as well as the optional tech pack with sound system upgrade...
Trust me, we're envious of the options you guys get over there..

·
Registered
174 Posts
The 2018 does not come with a heated steering wheel?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2018 does not come with a heated steering wheel?
The U.S. does not even have the option of a heated steering wheel. Hopefully parts eventually surface and I can add one later.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Besides infotainment system, anything else you didn't like with the Civic? It's performance is about the same as Sport. Much better mpg's. Just curious why you switched cars so quickly?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Besides infotainment system, anything else you didn't like with the Civic? It's performance is about the same as Sport. Much better mpg's. Just curious why you switched cars so quickly?
The infotainment was definitely a huge downside. The software didn't seem very refined or stable. It really came down to dealing with the service department and the Honda regional representative. They were not helpful and told me they could not fix some defective parts because other new civic' s on the lot had the same issues. I just didn't like going back there for service after that.

Also, I missed having a manual transmission. I wanted a car that I was buying, not leasing and one that I could have fun modifying. The EX-L trim wasn't a great platform to work off of. I did get high 30s to mid 40s in gas mileage while on longer trips which was nice. I just didn't think I could justify paying over $300 a month on a car that I didn't really like and had no intention of buying after the lease was done.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just ordered the sixth element shifter bushings and cable end bushing kit!!!!! I have finally begun to mod my ES!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got my SXTH shifter bushings. I've gotten the cable end bushings done. I was having trouble getting the interior plastic to come apart. It's so cold out that I don't want to break any tabs. I'll have to install the other shifter bushings when my car interior is warmer.

The shift feel does feel improved with the cable end bushings. I can't wait to see how it feels after getting the other bushings replaced. Oh, and the larger cable bushing was a real PITA to get out of the ring. I tore it up trying to remove it. Probably can be attributed to the cold as well. The small one pretty much fell out.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Holy **** snacks I under sold this.

It's so much better with the aluminum bushings. It feels more like the shifter that i had in my 2015 Si.

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I finally got the pieces to come apart. I like the way this car is put together. It's much better than the Pontiac G5 was. I really like the feel of the shifter now. It was worth what little this mod cost.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well this blizzard is no fun. I got to the edge of town to see if I could use the interstate to get to work. I could barely make out the gas station not too far away due to the blowing snow. The winter tires are doing an excellent job though!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here’s the thing - just when you think you couldn’t love the Sport model anymore, you add another mod and feel closer to the car. I love working on mine!

It’s kinda ironic you chose white per your car color choice when you live in a state that dumps that much snow. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here’s the thing - just when you think you couldn’t love the Sport model anymore, you add another mod and feel closer to the car. I love working on mine!

It’s kinda ironic you chose white per your car color choice when you live in a state that dumps that much snow. ;)
Stealth mode!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts