Elantra Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Stealth mode!
Cracking up - no joke, man. In fact, it’s the ideal insurance nightmare for your insurance company. ;)

I updated my garage profile on here along with a cheesy photo for now. I doubt I’ll be the type making a separate thread about my progress in modifying, but I may post snippets here and there on the forum. My car is recognized often and I’m trying (without success) to lay low.

Sexy, right? —> http://www.elantrasport.com/forum/84833-post8.html

You really should add a OCC at least on the PCV at the very least. Catch ya later....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bluetooth text messaging

I just read that the new Kia Forte will now be able to read texts over Bluetooth. What are the odds Hyundai will offer an update for this? I really miss this functionality from my previous 2 civics. I don't plug my phone in much so the android auto version is useless. I pretty much have to expect to receive messages. I really hope hyundai provides an update for this and hopefully let us voice search our ipod music library.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I tried to introduce a bit of color to the interior. I don't really care for it though. I would have liked to try it along the carbon fiber trim instead. That way it would be a continuous flow to the door. I couldn't get it to fit in there so I put it along the soft upper part of the dash. It also doesn't look too great around the door armrest. I would like to figure out how to redo that piece with red double French stitching to make it look nice. And then do the same thing to the cowl above the gauges. A leather hand brake boot would be great as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm thinking of removing all the red I added. Instead, I think it will look much better if I spray all of the silver in anodized red spray paint. Subtle yet would look great and not as cheap!! Now I just need time to do it.

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
So Idk what the update is for, and Idk how to download it. I got an alert on my account saying there was a software update available. There was no mention of what the update was changing or fixing and there was no link to download anything.

I got into the car, connected it to my home wifi, get to the software info screen and selected update. It appears it has to be installed via an external media because it couldn't find anything. I have no idea why Hyundai included wifi if you aren't able to receive software updates through it. I've heard it's for installing apps but how do you do that when the car doesn't connect to any sort of app store for you to browse. This part of hyundai software seems illogical and not well planned out to me.

I'll just have to take it to the dealer and see what they can do. End of rant haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
SXTH Element shift knob!!!!

Candy Red weighted shift knob. I love it!!! Thanks SXTH Element. It's crazy how much heavier it was than the stock one.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Tried something a little different. I don't love it, but it's a start. Looks better than my first attempt. Just need a little color in the interior.

Attachments

Reactions: kdetlor

·
Registered
335 Posts
Tried something a little different. I don't love it, but it's a start. Looks better than my first attempt. Just need a little color in the interior.
My very first thought, when I first bought the car, was of putting red vinyl wrap over the fake carbon fiber trim pcs.
Personally, from the pictures you attached, it looks better than stock.

Succeed or fail, your attempt is awesome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I was playing with the interior a bit more. I'm still not done trying. What will really move this forward is painting the silver trim around the radio and vents either red or black. Then a leather wrapped with red contrast stitched gauge cowl cover and door armrest leather upgrade with a French seam and red contrast stitching. Would love to leather wrap the sides of the center console so my knees have some padding. Would look great with red contrast stitching as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Some more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was playing with the interior a bit more. I'm still not done trying. What will really move this forward is painting the silver trim around the radio and vents either red or black. Then a leather wrapped with red contrast stitched gauge cowl cover and door armrest leather upgrade with a French seam and red contrast stitching. Would love to leather wrap the sides of the center console so my knees have some padding. Would look great with red contrast stitching as well.
What did you use to paint the door trim? The removal pieces.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What did you use to paint the door trim? The removal pieces.
I didn't paint it. I ordered them that color on ebay.

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I didn't paint it. I ordered them that color on ebay.
What did you search to find them on eBay?
I just searched for 2018 elantra interior. Then I found some different interior pieces. When I clicked on them, I scrolled down to where they show you similar items for sale and ended up on these. I have attached a screenshot that you can try to use for your search. It would be pretty easy to get any color and paint them what you want. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just searched for 2018 elantra interior. Then I found some different interior pieces. When I clicked on them, I scrolled down to where they show you similar items for sale and ended up on these. I have attached a screenshot that you can try to use for your search. It would be pretty easy to get any color and paint them what you want. Hope this helps!
Perfect thank you! I have been looking to add red to my interior for quite some time now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
New rear lip spoiler!!!!!

Attachments

21 - 40 of 44 Posts