Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the best way to remove the subwoofer baffling (if it's possible) or to remove the rear deck fabric?

I want to swap the subwoofer out with another 8" I purchased however I am unsure the best way to proceed without tearing up the back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went to my local dealer, and they provided me a breakdown of how to do it.

I am NOT going to to replace the stock 8" DVC. I installed a 10" DVC in a ported box, using the factory power, WAY more bass. I highly suggest to you to look into it. I am going to simply remove the sub so the sound can pass thru the read parcel deck. I was looking to install my Dual 10" MTX Box with my Boston Acoustics GT-22 AMP, but once I added the sub box, I found that (for now) it is ample for my veracious appetite for bass. Don't get me wrong; I WANT more, but surprisingly, the stock power is enough, if you are willing to add a sub box.

PLEASE NOTE: I had initially added my 2 MTX 10's (sealed) to the factory system, I simply connected the factory sub power to the box. It was BETTER than the factory 8" by far, but wasn't enough. I had another single 10" DVC sub, in (this is important) a PORTED and tuned box, and THAT made a HUGE difference. Running all the stock power (two lines) into the 10" DVC and THEN into the ported box gave me adequate bass.

-Alex

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my old Mitsubishi I had a 12" sub in a custom handmade ported box I tuned for sound quality, not pressure and it sounded great. Funny thing is I only ordered 1 of these subwoofers but the box came with a pair so I'm debating what to do with the spare as I doubt the factory system will run 2 with enough power.

Do you know the breakdown of how to remove the subwoofer baffling?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It involves removing the back seat to then access, and remove the shelf. PM me your email, and I will copy/take a pic of the papers given to me by my dealer...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went to my local dealer, and they provided me a breakdown of how to do it.

I am NOT going to to replace the stock 8" DVC. I installed a 10" DVC in a ported box, using the factory power, WAY more bass. I highly suggest to you to look into it. I am going to simply remove the sub so the sound can pass thru the read parcel deck. I was looking to install my Dual 10" MTX Box with my Boston Acoustics GT-22 AMP, but once I added the sub box, I found that (for now) it is ample for my veracious appetite for bass. Don't get me wrong; I WANT more, but surprisingly, the stock power is enough, if you are willing to add a sub box.

PLEASE NOTE: I had initially added my 2 MTX 10's (sealed) to the factory system, I simply connected the factory sub power to the box. It was BETTER than the factory 8" by far, but wasn't enough. I had another single 10" DVC sub, in (this is important) a PORTED and tuned box, and THAT made a HUGE difference. Running all the stock power (two lines) into the 10" DVC and THEN into the ported box gave me adequate bass.

-Alex
So what kind of sub are you running because I’m trying to do the same as you did so I don’t have to replace amp and wiring. I have been looking but a lot of subs require about 150 rms minimum

·
Registered
38 Posts
I may be interested in replacing the sub with another 8" possibly.

Or, would it be possible add an additional one that is already powered? Maybe under the seat?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts