Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone recently had success removing the tail lights? I’m looking to replace my rear turn signals with LEDs but I’m having no success removing the lights.

So far I’ve tried a number of methods including putting a ratchet strap around the pointed end (thankfully I didn’t crack the light), as well as moving the nuts to the end of the screw and pushing with a long 10mm socket. No luck with either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There was a whole thread about this a while back, but the problem is the white caps you see in the area with the nuts. They hold too tight. What I had to do was take a pair of pliers and twist at them until they were weakened (others melted them, but I wouldn't recommend fire). They slide out for me anytime I want now. I did have to buy a new set of the white caps, but I never used them. I just left the damaged ones. My plan was to use one of those round sanding tools to weaken the inside of the caps so I could use the new ones without them getting stuck again, but I never got around to it. I have been using the bad ones for over a year without issue. No noise, no issues from heavy rain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts