Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 ES
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tightened the crap out of the clamps and the pipe just keeps popping off.

I have the one from Sxth but it seems just a tad too short.

Has anyone solved this problem or am I alone here?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
When I had mine the stock clamps worked fine. If yours aren't holding, try getting some t-bolt clamps. Also, hair spray is a good tool to help slide the couplers on and it will try sticky to help hold it in place.

·
Registered
2020 ES
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm beyond frustrated with this pipe. 35 miles and POP!
This is with Tbolts.
Guess I'm getting under the car again today.
Good thing I'm working from home I guess.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
To be honest the pipe isn't worth it. I noticed no difference. I'd just go with the full hot pipe.

·
Registered
2020 ES
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update...so far so good.

I replaced the fat t-clamp provided by Sxth with a narrower clamp and it seems to be holding better. The t-clamp was just a bit too wide to keep a good grip on the hose.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
You have to make sure the clamp is completely behind the bead. If it is on the bead at all it'll pop off. The clamps have a tendency to twist when you're tightening them and slip onto the bead if you're not extremely careful. Make sure you feel all the way around the clamp and ensure that it's sitting behind the bead.

·
Registered
2020 ES
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup. There's a heat shield that's strapped on the highest part that was keeping me from getting the wide clamp in a good position. I didn't want to cut it off so the thinner clamp worked better on that side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts