Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have to use a reverse lockout adapter, you only have a few threads to work with. Nothing I've tried has worked so far. I've turned to a dragon ball (7-star) as I've seen it work on youtube with the veloster and the lockout adapter. It's on its way from China.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I used a nut from Lowe's in the same thread pitch and it enabled me to use the reverse lockout. I havent had any issues.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I used a nut from Lowe's in the same thread pitch and it enabled me to use the reverse lockout. I havent had any issues.
Oh and it cost 15 cents. So there's that. And with my shift knob you can't see it so it's like it's not even there

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh and it cost 15 cents. So there's that. And with my shift knob you can't see it so it's like it's not even there
Pics? I'm not understanding something about what you did.
In the picture you posted above with the lockout piece in place, I simply screwed a nut over the threads instead of using a lockout adapter. Cleared just enough space for the lockout but left enough threads to put the knob on secure

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the picture you posted above with the lockout piece in place, I simply screwed a nut over the threads instead of using a lockout adapter. Cleared just enough space for the lockout but left enough threads to put the knob on secure
I understand, the RAZO knobs I was trying to use requires the shaft to go pretty far up the knob (giggity) so neither the nut nor the lockout adapter work. The sxth knob comes with a washer and nut but their knob accommodates the lockout collar.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you have to use a reverse lockout adapter, you only have a few threads to work with. Nothing I've tried has worked so far. I've turned to a dragon ball (7-star) as I've seen it work on youtube with the veloster and the lockout adapter. It's on its way from China.
I am actually an old dragon ball fan and I just purchased and installed a four star dragon ball shift knob using a 3/4" rubber chair foot, found at any home improvement store for around 4 dollars cdn, as the lockout adapter. Turned out nice in my opinion, perhaps this method will work with other knobs also. Here are some pics.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts