Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my box today!

This is my first exhaust modification. I will install it tomorrow and I will take some sound clip before and after!

Thanks Tork Motorsport

Attachments

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update. I installed my downpipe this morning. It took me around 5 hours from car lifting time until the road test. (I'm very precise guy.)

Difficulty: The worst part of the job consist to unscrew the factory downpipe from the turbo. You need to remove all the factory heat shield to expect to have acces to the 3 nuts. The space is very limited and 1 of the 3 studs unscrew from the turbo casting. I've had to re-thread the stud before re-install it in place. The studs are tiny, well torked and, in my case, 10000 km heated. On other hand both sensor was easy to remove and re-install. I also had to remove the air intake to unplug and unclip the oxygen sensors.

Pre road test conclusion: This modification is great but you need to be sure that you have a minimum mecanical skills because it can came a very hasardous situation if something goes wrong.

Il will let the ECU adjust to the new part and I will let us know!

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Post a video of the sound if you can and let us know what you think after the road tests :)

For sure!

I have the before video ready but I need to do the after one with the cold start.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is before the downpipe installation.

This is after the downpipe installation

The difference is very difficult to listen between both with the car in the parking. The biggest difference is on road at wide open throttle. The sound is more agressive and the car already feel a little bit faster. It will be perfect when I will upgrade the muffler.

Reactions: MagicPie

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do you have any other exhaust mods? That before sounds WAY louder than stock

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Do you have any other exhaust mods? That before sounds WAY louder than stock
The exhaust line is completly stock. The only upgraded part is the downpipe.

Same camera and same recording distance.

Maybe the trailer hitch amplify the exhaust sound!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm, turbo whistle on the stock exhaust.
I was also surprise when I listen the video for the first time but I confirm you that on the first video with the car on the lawn was recorded Thursday morning just before I put the car on the ramps. The second video was recorder in my driveway just after the installation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I received my box today!

This is my first exhaust modification. I will install it tomorrow and I will take some sound clip before and after!

Thanks Tork Motorsport
Is this the Budget Downpipe? The description on the Tork (damnfast) website doesn't tell me whats different between the two. I like the sound. What about check engine lights?

·
Registered
19 Posts
HEY Mike!! Its great to see you finally came back to the forums for once :) been awhile. hopefully you start doing your job a little better :)
Can someone seriously give this guy the money he paid to be on this forum back? Gone for a few weeks, and all I see is this guys bullshit excuses on the side bar. "Our welds our beautiful.... you know, like that girl down the street that had to have a steak tied to her face so the dog would play with her". Shitbox designs, ugly, cheap, and useless.

Really, **** this guy. And his cat.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
315 Posts
@Mathieu: How do you find the level of cabin noise level with the new downpipe vs oem?

I am considering the downpipe but on the other hand I appreciate current low noise levels in the cabin. Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Mathieu: How do you find the level of cabin noise level with the new downpipe vs oem?

I am considering the downpipe but on the other hand I appreciate current low noise levels in the cabin. Thanks!
The noise level stay the same at low rpm. The only noticeable noise difference is at WOT. I now have a muffler delete with a Magnaflow muffler and I love it. Not agressive and not too loud. Just nice lower frequency rumble. I can now appreciate my tune.

·
Super Moderator
1,219 Posts
I am sorry you feel this way :) but when we are attacked we simply wont back down lol. You seem to be fairly new to the forum by looking at your post count so you will learn as you go. If you dont like the posts we make dont read them and keep moving on on :). have a good day
Newsflash: Speaking the truth isn't an "attack", Mr. Trump.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I have about the same setup and I am agreed 100% with Mathieu.

About the same noise at cruising speed, no drone, and what a nice ´just a little bit’ agressive bad ass noise at WOT.

Feels like a little more power too.

Beside the PITA install, would definetely recommand it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts