Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Toronto and winter is just around the corner. This year they're predicting a lot of snow. Everything is stock on my 2017 Elantra Sport. I currently have the stock rims with the (Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 |225/40r18 88W| and I can tell they're gonna suck at winter driving conditions.

Before I start shopping for winter tires I need some advice if this is compatible with the 2017 ES.

I know someone that's willing to sell a 2016 Genesis Coupe stock Rim and Tire for $600.

The stock tire is a Bridgestone Potenza 245/45r18 96V (1k mileage) rims offset is 30

Question is:

Will this be compatible with the 17'ES?
Is Bridgestone Potenza good as winter tire?

If it fits my ES I think it's a good deal for a genuine alloy Hyundai rims and a Branded tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I agree with AB. The tire is 41mm (1.6") taller and 21mm (.82") wider than stock and won't work. The bolt pattern is the same at 5x114.3 and the rim would fit but like he said it'll stick out a fair amount. With offset you might want to stay as close to original as possible to avoid handling issues and excess wear and tear. Wheel-size.com is a great place to compare different combo's. OEM offset for the ES 18" rim is 55. The 30's will for sure stick out, possibly even beyond the fender (about 25mm farther than oem). I just joined this group and posted some info under "winter rims and tires". Basically my experience going from 18"oems to 16" winters. The set up cost just under $750 (but no TPMS for me) plus I had to remove and install the tires myself due to no TPMS sensors (another $200 or so plus programming/setup). My ES winter set up is a 16x7.5 alloy rim with a 215/55r16 Hankook Winter i*cept iZ2 W616 tire. Happy with it so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.