Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious if anyone is running a roof rack system with a fairing on the ES? Please post pics and part numbers if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Would love to know this as well.

As a canoe fanatic who also mountain bikes. I would love to know if there are any racks out there that will not scuff the paint of the car to crap. I use the TRD most of the time but that restricts the distances I am willing to travel with the canoes. The mountain bike does fit in the ES with the seats folded and front tire and seat removed from the bike. The bike is a 29er so 27.5s and 26s should fit easier.

·
Registered
100 Posts
They'll all scratch. I suggest that you use this Paint Saver product - Snider's Paint Guard :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

I used this on the flanks of my motorcycle tank for the last 8 years (where the knees touch). The tank is unscratched despite many hours in the saddle wearing jeans, kevlar/aramid jeans, street/sport leathers. Simply cut patches of this stuff to fit beneath the tower footpads and clamps. Applies with water and 100% residue free/removable. SHOULD work well...

Leftover should work for the leading edge of your hood.

·
Registered
109 Posts
They'll all scratch. I suggest that you use this Paint Saver product - Snider's Paint Guard :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

I used this on the flanks of my motorcycle tank for the last 8 years (where the knees touch). The tank is unscratched despite many hours in the saddle wearing jeans, kevlar/aramid jeans, street/sport leathers. Simply cut patches of this stuff to fit beneath the tower footpads and clamps. Applies with water and 100% residue free/removable. SHOULD work well...

Leftover should work for the leading edge of your hood.
Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts