Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'd love some help.
I recently purchased a set of Rotiform RSE 18x8.5.
Initially had 225/40/R18 Bridgestone potenza adrenalines. They left the wheel out in the open so I'm going for 235/40/R18.
I've got Storm springs on so I suspect I'm going to have issues with rubbing on the back.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can avoid the rubbing?

Here's a pic with the 225/40/R18s on.

Cheers,

Terry

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Definitely need to know what the wheel offset is. But your best bet is to add some camber in the back. I'm on 18x8 +45 offset with 245/40's running -2 degrees camber in the back, no rubbing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that.
The wheel offset is +45.
This goes to show how new I am to this still, how would I go about adding camber with the Storm springs?
Or would I need to change the suspension altogether (i.e. go coilovers)?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Thanks for that.
The wheel offset is +45.
This goes to show how new I am to this still, how would I go about adding camber with the Storm springs?
Or would I need to change the suspension altogether (i.e. go coilovers)?
Just go to an alignment shop and ask for it. It's just an adjustment of the eccentric bolts in the rear. I would get an alignment anyway since you have done suspension work with the springs.

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's no camber adjustment from the factory. You would likely have to buy camber bolts.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's no camber adjustment from the factory. You would likely have to buy camber bolts.
None in the front but you can supposedly adjust the rear up to -5 degrees. (so I've heard) Mine is currently adjusted to -2 degrees.

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
They're -2 degrees from the factory. There are no camber adjustments. I know this from installing my springs.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
They're -2 degrees from the factory. There are no camber adjustments. I know this from installing my springs.
Mine were like -1.5, I requested the dealer set it at -2 during my last alignment and they did it no problem. Helped the rear tires clear the fenders. Probably going to have them set it at -2.2 on Tuesday when I go in again. I haven't seen, only heard it can be adjusted quite a bit farther than that.

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
I'm not sure how unless they installed a camber kit at the dealer - there are no eccentric bolts from the factory.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I'm not sure how unless they installed a camber kit at the dealer - there are no eccentric bolts from the factory.
Nope, all stock. Definitely possible.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Eccentric Bolt. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
How odd. My car definitely does not have those.
I would just glance under there and double check. Also, the dealer stupidly corrected my rear camber from -2.4 to -1.5 when I was in there yesterday so I have to go back and have them fix it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did after I saw your post yesterday. Definitely just a regular old bolt there.
you have stock muffler?? it blocks the view of the bolt he posted if you just stick your head under the rear of the car. look up any undercarriage picture of an ES (especially with a muffler delete) and you can clearly see them. definitely there!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts