Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I recently purchased this red, replacement run/stop button for my 2018 ES (DCT) (Link below). I feel like this is a simple thing to replace but I can't seem to find any tutorials online for this car. So before I go prying things off, I figured I would ask on here. Do I just pop off the ring and button and put the new one on? Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Howdy,

I recently purchased this red, replacement run/stop button for my 2018 ES (DCT) (Link below). I feel like this is a simple thing to replace but I can't seem to find any tutorials online for this car. So before I go prying things off, I figured I would ask on here. Do I just pop off the ring and button and put the new one on? Thanks in advance for the help!

I blame you for sending me down the rabbit hole of ebay's start/stop button listings but I can only blame myself for my indefensible impulse buy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone else had any luck with interior accent pieces to break up all the black?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone else had any luck with interior accent pieces to break up all the black?
The button cover helps a little but I don’t really see it much when I’m in the driver seat. I personally love all the black but I think you could get some of that pinstripe tape and do that tastefully along the dash to make it pop. Could always go with the RGB lights inside though I find those distracting and annoying more than anything (unless in my PC).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Eyeing these, but afraid it'll just look cheap...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hyundai seemed like they wanted chrome accents on the outside and then didn’t do them on the inside. While I prefer the all black; I think that those panels would look really good inside and defiantly break up the black. It would look way better than a pinstripe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hyundai seemed like they wanted chrome accents on the outside and then didn’t do them on the inside. While I prefer the all black; I think that those panels would look really good inside and defiantly break up the black. It would look way better than a pinstripe.
You, sir, are an enabler.

·
Registered
373 Posts

I added some of this to the steering wheel. Took a day or two to get used to the glare but I’m happy with it. No issues after 3+ years.

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport 6MT Electric Blue
65 Posts
I got mine in (in red). It's kind of stiff, it doesn't open all the way once installed but you don't have to open it at all to hit the button. I can't see it from my driving position. It's as silly as I'd hoped.
lol now that mine is shipped sometimes I feel like I should have got red to break up the black color everywhere but it's all good. yeah I read some reviews where the cover doesn't open all the way depending on the car. we all have our ricey and novelty purchases here and there 😅

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got mine in (in red). It's kind of stiff, it doesn't open all the way once installed but you don't have to open it at all to hit the button. I can't see it from my driving position. It's as silly as I'd hoped.
haha I actually just ordered a red one also yesterday from Amazon and it'll actually arrive before the black one which is from eBay. I don't know why I didn't check Amazon first lol. yeah I think Red will be better to break up the all-blackness and compliment the red stitching and stuff like that

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also went down a rabbit hole recently and I have been having moments of wanting fighter jet style switches and switch covers 😆

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here is the red cover that showed up. It doesn't open all the way boo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts