Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am very interested in purchasing a Sport 6MT next year. I have been driving a 2015 GLI lease for 3 years and can’t wait to get rid of it next year because the seats are killing my back. Muscles spasms are brought on by a 35 minute daily commute on rock hard leatherette seats. I’ve test driven the sport twice. I want to know how comfortable the seats are for commuting. I get out of my GLI 6MT with horrible back stiffness. I recently drove a Mazda 3 auto with leatherette as a rental and found the seats plush yet firm and supportive. However, at 50, I find the car too feminine, oddly proportioned and underpowered. The Sport is exactly what I’m looking for.

So, just looking for feedback on the seat comfort and lumbar support for commuting.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi,

I am very interested in purchasing a Sport 6MT next year. I have been driving a 2015 GLI lease for 3 years and can’t wait to get rid of it next year because the seats are killing my back. Muscles spasms are brought on by a 35 minute daily commute on rock hard leatherette seats. I’ve test driven the sport twice. I want to know how comfortable the seats are for commuting. I get out of my GLI 6MT with horrible back stiffness. I recently drove a Mazda 3 auto with leatherette as a rental and found the seats plush yet firm and supportive. However, at 50, I find the car too feminine, oddly proportioned and underpowered. The Sport is exactly what I’m looking for.

So, just looking for feedback on the seat comfort and lumbar support for commuting.

Thanks!
Seats are neat, im kinda short so i feel like i need a neck rest but besides that, on a cold night or day, turning on the heated seats and driving cant be comfier.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Seats aren’t bad. Adjustable lumbar would’ve been nice but I can drive for a 3-4 hrs at a time before I feel like I need to adjust or get out and stretch, which you should do anyway.

I’m also 6’3” with notable back issues so if the seats were bad, i would’ve already noticed haha

·
Registered
105 Posts
They might not be super comfortable if you're a bigger guy, just a tip. The bolstering might be an issue if you're wide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts