Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I test drove an Elantra Sport last weekend. I drove and she sat in the passenger seat. She is tall and skinny @ 5'11" and 124 pounds.
She noticed the airbag light said OFF during the test drive even though she was buckled up. It read OFF when her legs were pulled back. She stretched her legs out and airbag OFF light went out a few seconds later. I had her pull her legs back and a few seconds later, the airbag light OFF lit up again. She has no ass, so most of the weight was on the seat cushion near the seat back. The seat back was slightly reclined. Has anyone else noticed this with a passenger occupying the front passenger seat?

·
Registered
140 Posts
FEED YOUR POOR WIFE!!! J/K, mine is short and skinny(5'3" 118ish?), but never have I noticed that happen, but I can't say I really looked for it either.. so...

·
Registered
91 Posts
👆i havent watched for it myself i probably would have since im always listening / looking for a flaw. My wife is always in front passenger. 4”11 125 lb 8000 kms in so far maybe you just got a faulty sensor ? Or she was sitting just right that her weight wasnt being picked up. I would mention to dealer

·
Registered
92 Posts
FEED YOUR POOR WIFE!!! J/K, mine is short and skinny(5'3" 118ish?), but never have I noticed that happen, but I can't say I really looked for it either.. so...
you make my day!!!!!LOL
I do agree about feeding your wife but clearly a problem here. My 70 pounds dog active the sensor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts