Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oddly, the more or less identical (and cheaper) Forte GT has the option of ventilated front seats, while the ES does not. Anyone know if the ventilated seats from the Kia could be swapped into the ES?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Don't think anyone knows. You should try it. ;)

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
247 Posts
The actual seat control system, both manual and power, seems identical between the Kia and Hyundai. Even if the seats are a bolt-on, you still need to replace console switches and recreate missing wiring to make the ventilation work. KET pins will be required (scrap yard donor plugs) as well as schematics and some pretty solid DIY skills.

Open in Chrome and translate

https://m.blog.naver.com/dbdm22/221100389040

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The actual seat control system, both manual and power, seems identical between the Kia and Hyundai. Even if the seats are a bolt-on, you still need to replace console switches and recreate missing wiring to make the ventilation work. KET pins will be required (scrap yard donor plugs) as well as schematics and some pretty solid DIY skills.
Open in Chrome and translate
https://m.blog.naver.com/dbdm22/221100389040
Awesome! Thanks, I'm wavering between the ES and the Kia Forte GT. Easiest to get the GT2 package with the GT, but also considering the base model and acquiring the seats separately. Very good info!

Also, I did check out the ventilated seats in a Forte this weekend, and it was very effective. I would definitely use that far more often than the heating, living on the Southern California coast.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
247 Posts
So the elantra sports get heated seats. The forte gt gets heated, cooled, and power. Yeah that makes sense.
ES does get heated, ventilated and power (driver) seat, just not in North America. It does get heated rear seat, but again, not in NA. I guess someone decided that NA customers are less demanding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts