Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anyone who may have replaced their front bumper with aftermarket and still have their original white bumper with the grill for sale. Something hit my bumper and tore it up.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
300 Posts
Damage does not look all that bad. Such a crack can be plastic welded. Instead of repaint, you could wrap the bumper in white to hide the damage.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Damage does not look all that bad. Such a crack can be plastic welded. Instead of repaint, you could wrap the bumper in white to hide the damage.
Not a fan of this kind of stuff. It's a new car, fix it properly IMO.

You can try hyundaioemparts.com to get a new one, but it will need to be painted.

Alternatively you can try car-part.com for a used one.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
300 Posts
Agreed, but we don't know what is the car owner's budget. This would be the less expensive option. On the other hand, if car had good insurance, it should cover the damage (well, I don't know US insurance limitations, but my former very comprehensive Canadian insurance would cover road damage).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You can try hyundaioemparts.com to get a new one, but it will need to be painted.

Alternatively you can try car-part.com for a used one.
I'm definitely not doing cheaply. But I may replace the grill with a aluminum black mesh and repair the bumper. But I may see about adding the turbo logo to the black aluminum mesh grill.Deductible is $500. So Ill probably pay out of pocket. But I know I am not using a remanufactured one from keystone or Certi fit as they are garbage. The car only has 33k Miles on it and is in mint condition inside and out. So I wanna avoid mismatching paint.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw someone on here with a aluminum black mesh grill and thought it looked good like that. I need to upgrade the Intercooler and things. Just been avoiding lots of stuff as its still under warranty for another year or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts