·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did I see that right? He opened the trunk and hit a button and it went back to stock style lighting?
its the same way for the DRL when the hood is popped opened. I think that very clever! since most of the time if your hood or trunk is opened on the side of the road it means your in trouble.. so goes back to stock for other idiot drivers to be cautious!

DK

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd thought about using the Mustang sequencer for that very purpose, but they are pricey.I love that look, saw the lights and decided to look into different options. Arduino might be a cheaper way...
Oh the fun that could be had programming in custom events on those lights..

int matchBPM;

if ((blnMusicPlaying == 1) && (blnVehicleMotion == 0)){

matchBPM = fnRun_BPM_Detection();

}

Good find 17ElantraSportPremium. I am definitely going to look into this :cool:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Does your friend have any more pics of his car? I am interested in that trunk spoiler. And of course, that taillight mod is cool. Not something I'd care much for as you can't really enjoy it as a driver, but fun for others to see. It reminds me of mustangs: they have the same sequence when blinking.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Does your friend have any more pics of his car? I am interested in that trunk spoiler. And of course, that taillight mod is cool. Not something I'd care much for as you can't really enjoy it as a driver, but fun for others to see. It reminds me of mustangs: they have the same sequence when blinking.
There's been a few posts about them in my facebook group, and it was recently revealed that you too can have them for $1k. :eek:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
$1k?!?!?! Um... nope. I sure as heck don't like 'em that much.
The reason was that since they are put together in South Korea, that they would need to purchase new light assemblies, do all the modifications, then send them to the USA. I guess for those that live over there, a modification of their original lights is around $400 USD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts