Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reviews on the Shark Racing OEM Style Intake Pipe Kit. This is the one that uses the stock intake box and only replaces the stock rubber piping with a mandrel-bent aluminum intake pipe that has been ceramic coated.
Not sure if it works and reduces intake temps

Attachments

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
A metal pipe won't reduce intake temps. In fact it might increase them. This pipe was on my radar but for what you get I think it's a bit expensive. Especially for me considering I would also replace the cheap couplers and clamps.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Any reviews on the Shark Racing OEM Style Intake Pipe Kit. This is the one that uses the stock intake box and only replaces the stock rubber piping with a mandrel-bent aluminum intake pipe that has been ceramic coated.
Not sure if it works and reduces intake temps
I have this one. It works but I have no way of knowing how it affects intake temp, if at all. I don’t currently have it hooked up to the stock box, Tork’s super shorty pod filter adapter allows an open element air filter to line up perfectly.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I have this one. It works but I have no way of knowing how it affects intake temp, if at all. I don’t currently have it hooked up to the stock box, Tork’s super shorty pod filter adapter allows an open element air filter to line up perfectly.
Why not just buy a regular intake then?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts