Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While at a standstill, if I step on the clutch and shift into 1st, I fell some "resistance" and hear a bit of a "crunch". With the clutch still pressed down, taking the car out of first and then shifting back into 1st is much smoother and dont hear the "crunch".

Is this normal, any cause for concern?

I have a 2018 with about 15,000 KM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its normal for most manual cars. When you shift it into first for the first time, you are forcing the gear syncro to line up in place. Thats why when you do it a second time its much smoother.

·
Registered
2019 ES 6mt
23 Posts
Interesting. I suppose there is no way around this. I can't think of any action that would make this "first shift" easier.

My first more is into Reverse, and i have to play with the clutch, and work the shifter every day on my 2019 sport with 8,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Shifter bushings go a long way for little money, I would look into those. Reverse can get tricky sometimes because of the straight cut gears. Putting it in 1st, then reverse seems to help.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Interesting. I suppose there is no way around this. I can't think of any action that would make this "first shift" easier.

My first more is into Reverse, and i have to play with the clutch, and work the shifter every day on my 2019 sport with 8,000 miles.
You can also try shifting into second and then up into first, I have always done this with all my cars and have never had an issue getting the car to go into to first gear nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts