Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I am currently looking for a 2018 DCT Base to lease or Premium to buy. Still have a couple months to decide.

Want to "downsize" from the Optima, since we have two cars now and I barely put any miles on mine. Test drove the Value edition, thought it was plain vanilla, then went home and found out about the sport, seems to hit all the right spots, so I have to come back. Hard to find many in my area, especially in white. Hopefully there will be more in the spring. Do dealers give similar discounts when you order through them vs from their stock?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I believe you get whatever discounts that Hyundai has going for the month you take delivery of the car. So if you order one, hopefully it is delivered in a month with good incentives. You could also try searching other dealerships within maybe 250 to 300 miles of your dealership. They may be able to dealer trade and get you the one you want. That's what I did. There was the exact one I wanted 250 miles away and the other dealership let them take it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dealership has dealer discounts on all of their vehicles all the time. They also give you those if you order one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here is an example of a nice dealer discount. New 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport For Sale Near Columbus | VIN: KMHD04LB4JU542889 They just raised it from $2700 in the last few days. They seem straight forward dealer. Unfortunately they sold a blue 2018 Base Sport before I could get up there.

While this is a very high dealer discount, I think shooting for $2500 off is very realistic. I just received an online quote for a base manual Sport and they wouldn't break down the price at first. It was $19,XXX OTD w/$5XX in taxes and registration fees. Finally the guy admitted there was ZERO dealer discount in his price and it was all normal Hyundai rebates and the two extra that I qualify for. They also added in a second freight charge. I emailed him that same link as above and said I wanted the exact same $3296 dealer discount BEFORE all the other rebates and my two rebates. I didn't ask him to beat it, just match them. We'll see what he says haha!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow that price is amazing! Picking up a gray one tonight in manual with premium package and could only get the Hyundai rebates along with the Uber driver discount. If I had been more flexible with color and/or options, I'm sure I could find a better deal out there. This dealership is giving me $2k more for my trade than another Hyundai dealer in Houston so I'm not hurting too bad with the deal. Oh yeah, they are including window tint and an iPad as well. :) Best of luck to everyone who is looking for a deal-now is the time of the year to buy!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Because of the discounts I see from that dealer above, here's my latest offer to a local dealer:

Hyundai Elantra Sport w/Manual transmission. WITH Premium package.
Subtotal of vehicle with options:
$24,050
+ $885 FREIGHT
=$24,935

$24,935-Vehicle price
-$3200 DEALER DISCOUNT
-$2500 Hyundai Rebate
-$500 Holiday Cash
-$250 HMF Financing
-$1000 Uber discount
-$500 BoostUP Rebate
=$16,985
+$300 Doc Fee
+$539 TTL
=$17,824 TOTAL

I asked for $18,000 OTD to for any small extras they might want or fees that I don't know about. We'll see what they come back with.

My only beef is I'd rather have the Base Sport as it's about $2000 less. Add $1000 to upgrade the stereo to make it superior to the Premium Package and I'd still save $1000 over the Premium. I have zero use for the other Premium stuff. Though I can see how people like those add ons. Another issue is I received a quote for a manual Honda Civic EX-T ODT at $20,100. So right near $2000 more. I like the looks of the Elantra way better. Like the seats better too. But that devil in my ear says for $2000 more I'll enjoy way better MPG and resale value. Tough call.

Guess it doesn't matter if they tell me to pound sand with my offer!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Are they offering that dealer discount? Seems like a lot. My dealer discount was similar, but that's because they took off all the "extras" they added and then started my pricing at MSRP (6MT base). Minus rebates made it just under $19k, no uber or boostup. I don't care about resale because I'm driving this thing into the ground.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Are they offering that dealer discount? Seems like a lot. My dealer discount was similar, but that's because they took off all the "extras" they added and then started my pricing at MSRP (6MT base). Minus rebates made it just under $19k, no uber or boostup. I don't care about resale because I'm driving this thing into the ground.
On cars.com they have one of the lowest prices for a Sport manual Premium, but they wouldn't break down their pricing in their emails. So I don't actually know their dealer discount. So I decided to try and do it for them and shoot for the stars with my offer. No idea if they'll take it. I also have the option to lease. I received a quote for $285/month w/zero out of pocket with 18k miles a year a few months ago. That was before the current $4000 lease discount. That was with a broker. With that $4000 lease rebate added in now and supposedly they'll take Uber $1000 rebate on a lease now plus $500 BoostUP that I now qualify for, I'm probably just under $200 a month with zero out of pocket for 3 years/54k miles. Warranty is 60k so that's perfect!

The lease would probably ideal if I can get it that low. I drove 23k miles this year (30k year before) so above the 18k for the lease but I have 300k in Southwest Points so I can fly a few trips instead of drive and save adding lease miles right there. OR if I turned the Hyundai back in for another lease dealers usually waive the extra miles.

I pretty much keep my cars 60k or 2 or 3 years at most and then get a new one with the miles I drive and where I drive. Through the mountains of PA or WV and other states I only want a newish car with 60k or less. Not worth the risk to me. I've seen the worst for very unfortunate drivers while on those routes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unless the Optima is paid off or you can pay it off via trade in, then don't do it. Negative equity is always a bad decision. As much as I'd love to add you to the ES family, I feel that this is the only advice I can give honestly.
I would be returning the Optima to Kia or buying it for 17k plus tax. Been traveling with family this weekend and the Optima did not seem too big at all, lol. However, for everyday driving back and from work, 6 miles each way, would love something smaller and sportier. The only thing I would really miss the most is heated steering, not fair Canadians have it and we don't!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.